where to keep your flash??

Status
Not open for further replies.

r0n9

Jul 15, 2004
Clementi
hi guys.. this may sound stupid but im wondering where to you people keep ur flash? do you place them with your camera and lens in the dry cabinet or does your flash gets to sit out in the open etc. drawer, cupboard, on your desk? will any 'danger' come to the flash( eg fungus growth?! :bsmilie: ) shold it be left outside?

thanks in advance for taking time answering this newbie qn of mine :D

thx alot guys.. so it doesnt really seem to matter whether the flash is kept in a dry cabinet or not.. :D

For me, I keep it in the dry cabinet, but actually is quite ok to keep it outside, ;) you don't keep your computer in a dry cabinet do you ;)

ortega said:
The important thing is where ever you decide to keep it, do it without the batteries inside.

Yup :) the number of people I have had coming to me for cleaning and or repairs to flash units ,torches , discmans and other gear which has been left for ages with batteries in and the compartments look like the batteries exploded :eek: . Good piece of advice this Ortega probably the best .

I live in the UK so no real problems with humidity or fungus growths but keep my flash (Nikon SB26 Speedlight ) in its leather pouch in my Alluminium padded case case when not in use .

ortega said:
The important thing is where ever you decide to keep it, do it without the batteries inside.
oh.. without batt? erm.. den wht about the camera body? since i keepin both in the dry cabinet... does the camera hafta be kept without the batt?

thx alot guys.. for ur valuable advice.. :D

i keep everything without batt as long as i am not using it the next day....

long term can cause batt leak or corrosion if u leave ya batt inside like say for some time....my old cam leave inside for 8 years come out the batt compartment muz scrape off corrosion to get it to work..

Status
Not open for further replies.