Where to hold a photography exhibition

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonriver

Jan 21, 2004
wan100yrsofsolitude.fotopic.net
hi all,

I am looking at the possibility of holding a photography exhibition as my final year project in school but am unsure about the logistics of it, of which the most crucial is to look for a suitable exhibition venue. can anyone out there offer me some advice on the logistics of planning for an exhibition, like what are the things to look out for, possible sponsors and exhibition venues. first time i m doing this, really need some good advice. thks!

Hmm, thought u answered your question urself??.................in school??........... ;) aniwae, holding an exhibition is no small matter, lotsa logistics and work involved.............believe me, i spent 3 whole months juz preparing for it at the start of the year............and i've organized small exhibitions in school before..........but solos are a different class altogether...........esp for students..........not much marketing value.........in school too..........

u need lotsa contacts too............where to source the cheapest printer for ur pubilicity material.........it takes up a hugh chunk of ur budget..........no point having the best photos in the world exhibited without anyone knowing about it............pubilicity to press and printed materials must be done abt a month in advance..........

sourcing for sponsors abt 3 months at least.........give them abt 1 month in advance............trust me they do take their time......... :sweat: ...........give them a reason to sponsor you............makes it easier.......... :dunno:

And MOST importantly of all...............u must have good works.......... ;) ............well, what's an exhibition without good works.......

It won't be easy but i can tell you, i sure had lotsa fun doing it...........and learnt alot from it too................and it ain't even my FYP............. ;)

hihi,

no it ain't going to be held in school but it's for my school final year project. thanks for the advice. I have roughly the same time frame (3mths) to plan and execute this thing so it's good to know someone's managed to pull it off :) :)

try the Photographers' Gallery at MITA Bulding. They're trying to promote photograohy as an art in Sinagpore and is soley showcasing photographer's works there.
Gimme them a call. or visit them to discuss. Opens everyday from 12noon to 7pm closed on Tuesday and Sunday thoug. Saturday opens from 12noon to 6pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.