Where to go for short trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crysania

May 11, 2003
Singapore
angelapple.multiply.com
Any suggestions where will be a nice place to go for a short trip? (Around 3 days).
It should be:
- cheap
- nice scenery
- prefer a more nature and relaxed place. :)

Koh Samui/Phuket will be nice for a short trip..... nice place to relax, but I think 4 days will be better.......... 1st day fly there half day gone, last day fly back also half day gone........... cheers

...Malaysia... near and good... read thru lonelyplanet or go to the url.. www.lonelyplanet.com ... click thorn trees... you'll get real comments and feedbacks from travellers.. gd luck.. :thumbsup:

3 days in Padang Indonesia costs less than $300 per pax including airfare and hotel

May i suggest a long walk off a short pier? :devil:

Hehe.. jokes aside... i second Nitrotech's choice.. either that or Redang? :D

Cheers. :)

Cheap as it, below $500?

Which part of Malaysia? Any spots or place of interest to specifically look out for?

I rarely have the chance to travel in the past, besides going on school tours, so really dunno where.

try cameron highland lor,5000ft above sea level,very relaxing place and scenic too..
the package there shouldn't be too expensive,i just rode up last week and love the weather there..very nice place to just rot there.
must try the strawberry milkshake in brinchang :thumbsup: ..
the roads leading up cameron is full of corners(ard 60km) great for bikers or drivers but if u taking the coach,u might want to get some travel pills..
U can enjoy tea and scones in a tea plantation there too,very relaxing..

Padang is super beautiful and virtually untouched by tourists....1 hr by Silkair from Singapore, great Sumatra coffee, nasi padang, SUPER CHEAP seafood (eg. S$10 for a bbq lobster, large egg-laden crab about S$2-4 a piece blah blah blah). Sorry I only know how to eat.....and shoot.

Its by crystal clear seaside and near to mountain resort of Bukit Tinggi

Hotel is decent .....about 3/4 star Singapore standard but clean and safe with pool and aircon

Most visitors and tourists are Indonesians from other parts of Indonesia

Trust me, you will love Padang if you like going local and somewhere few have been to

ed

ed9119 said:
Padang is super beautiful and virtually untouched by tourists....1 hr by Silkair from Singapore, great Sumatra coffee, nasi padang, SUPER CHEAP seafood (eg. S$10 for a bbq lobster, large egg-laden crab about S$2-4 a piece blah blah blah). Sorry I only know how to eat.....and shoot.

Its by crystal clear seaside and near to mountain resort of Bukit Tinggi

Hotel is decent .....about 3/4 star Singapore standard but clean and safe with pool and aircon

Most visitors and tourists are Indonesians from other parts of Indonesia

Trust me, you will love Padang if you like going local and somewhere few have been to

ed

Hi there, seems like a nice place from ur description. Got any pics to show.. hehe especially the crystal clear seaside ones :bigeyes:

I went cameron highland last year and quite like the place and the climate. So looking forward to places like this.
How much roughly will the ticket + accomodation cost to go padang?
Thanks a lot for the info =)

kex said:
try cameron highland lor,5000ft above sea level,very relaxing place and scenic too..
the package there shouldn't be too expensive,i just rode up last week and love the weather there..very nice place to just rot there.
must try the strawberry milkshake in brinchang :thumbsup: ..
the roads leading up cameron is full of corners(ard 60km) great for bikers or drivers but if u taking the coach,u might want to get some travel pills..
U can enjoy tea and scones in a tea plantation there too,very relaxing..

Sori Crysania... borrow your thread...

Kex, any recommendations for a place to stay? and should we drive or take a bus? Planning to go there for ashort trip so any recommendation on where to stay or where to go would be good.

Either that or Padang by ed9119 seems super!
:D

Crysania said:
I went cameron highland last year and quite like the place and the climate. So looking forward to places like this.
How much roughly will the ticket + accomodation cost to go padang?
Thanks a lot for the info =)

check out www.silkair.com.sg for their Padang package..... i normally go Padang via Jakarta because of business so it will not be suitable for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.