Where to go for Photography courses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
reignman77 said:
what type of courses are u looking for??? SAFRA Photo Club is conducting courses as well....

where can i get course details and rates?

innovas1 said:
where can i get course details and rates?

from the club itself. if not call the club staff at 63773681/2. if u need any course and cost enquries, i can PM u.

Basic Photography...hmm if I recall correctly the SubStation use to offer courses in Basic, Portrait, Journalism, black & white etc. at their premises.
Costs are reasonable and they are well run by a pro.
Took a few of the courses.
Sometimes back though...don know if still exists :dunno:
Perhaps U can check it out.

fantom said:
Basic Photography...hmm if I recall correctly the SubStation use to offer courses in Basic, Portrait, Journalism, black & white etc. at their premises.
Costs are reasonable and they are well run by a pro.
Took a few of the courses.
Sometimes back though...don know if still exists :dunno:
Perhaps U can check it out.

still there !

Is taking photography course really necessary? Can I find a lao-jiao to teach me the basics in photography instead of paying hundreds to go for the course? :dunno:

cheatchu79 said:
Is taking photography course really necessary? Can I find a lao-jiao to teach me the basics in photography instead of paying hundreds to go for the course? :dunno:
yes. it can be done. self-learning by trial n error and making your own conclusions wrt yor individual style of shooting is possible. but i guess photog schools layout everything 4u so u need not spend the xtra time on trial n error.

clive said:
yes. it can be done. self-learning by trial n error and making your own conclusions wrt yor individual style of shooting is possible. but i guess photog schools layout everything 4u so u need not spend the xtra time on trial n error.

Well, isn't trial and error supposed to be good? One learn by making a lot of mistakes right? :dunno:

cheatchu79 said:

provided u can get a mentor to guide u personnally....

Well some of the teacher or Pro can help not just to correct mistakes But also gain Professional Certification for those who want to excel in this line.

weeguy said:
got further details of this cost? nature of course, duration, cost? can't seem to find out anything from the sfra website. :cool:

7 lesson $157.50 for SAFRAPC member, $176.40 for SAFRA member and $189 for non member

as well as NAFA (18 month cert) & Laselle (studio photography)
prepare to pay more $$$ :D

Hi all,

I am willing to work with those of you that would like to learn photography. I have been wanting to pass on much of what I have learnt in the past 14 years to younger photographers..

Of coz.. since this would be taking up time.. and effort.. I would be wanting to charge a token fee.. and keep groups small and interactive.. I have done this once before.. and basically I do not put a limit to the amount of time per session..

For topics of interest that I am not proficient at.. I will find someone that can impart the best knowledge for you, and he/she will be your guide..

For those that are interested.. you can drop me a PM.. or email @ gadrian@singnet.com.sg for a rough guide to what I will be exploring with you..

Adrian.

cheatchu79 said:

u can also learn by reading photography books, and photography websites. if u like, this xin-jiao can give u pointers.... just drop me a pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.