Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2002
S'pore
www.bengchye.com

innovas1

Jun 6, 2003
SG
reignman77 said:
what type of courses are u looking for??? SAFRA Photo Club is conducting courses as well....
where can i get course details and rates?

fantom

Dec 27, 2003
USA FarEast
Visit site
Basic Photography...hmm if I recall correctly the SubStation use to offer courses in Basic, Portrait, Journalism, black & white etc. at their premises.
Costs are reasonable and they are well run by a pro.
Took a few of the courses.
Sometimes back though...don know if still exists :dunno:
Perhaps U can check it out.

jtnet

May 18, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
fantom said:
Basic Photography...hmm if I recall correctly the SubStation use to offer courses in Basic, Portrait, Journalism, black & white etc. at their premises.
Costs are reasonable and they are well run by a pro.
Took a few of the courses.
Sometimes back though...don know if still exists :dunno:
Perhaps U can check it out.
still there !

The_Cheat

Jan 19, 2004
Singapore
Is taking photography course really necessary? Can I find a lao-jiao to teach me the basics in photography instead of paying hundreds to go for the course? :dunno:

clive

Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
cheatchu79 said:
Is taking photography course really necessary? Can I find a lao-jiao to teach me the basics in photography instead of paying hundreds to go for the course? :dunno:
yes. it can be done. self-learning by trial n error and making your own conclusions wrt yor individual style of shooting is possible. but i guess photog schools layout everything 4u so u need not spend the xtra time on trial n error.

The_Cheat

Jan 19, 2004
Singapore
clive said:
yes. it can be done. self-learning by trial n error and making your own conclusions wrt yor individual style of shooting is possible. but i guess photog schools layout everything 4u so u need not spend the xtra time on trial n error.
Well, isn't trial and error supposed to be good? One learn by making a lot of mistakes right? :dunno:

May 22, 2002
S'pore
www.bengchye.com
cheatchu79 said:
provided u can get a mentor to guide u personnally....

edwgoh

Nov 5, 2002
Visit site
Well some of the teacher or Pro can help not just to correct mistakes But also gain Professional Certification for those who want to excel in this line.

May 22, 2002
S'pore
www.bengchye.com
weeguy said:
got further details of this cost? nature of course, duration, cost? can't seem to find out anything from the sfra website. :cool:
7 lesson $157.50 for SAFRAPC member, $176.40 for SAFRA member and $189 for non member

kiama

May 26, 2002
.SG
as well as NAFA (18 month cert) & Laselle (studio photography)
prepare to pay more $$$ :D

gadrian

May 24, 2003
Singapore
www.snauzzer.com
Hi all,

I am willing to work with those of you that would like to learn photography. I have been wanting to pass on much of what I have learnt in the past 14 years to younger photographers..

Of coz.. since this would be taking up time.. and effort.. I would be wanting to charge a token fee.. and keep groups small and interactive.. I have done this once before.. and basically I do not put a limit to the amount of time per session..

For topics of interest that I am not proficient at.. I will find someone that can impart the best knowledge for you, and he/she will be your guide..

For those that are interested.. you can drop me a PM.. or email @ gadrian@singnet.com.sg for a rough guide to what I will be exploring with you..

Adrian.

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
cheatchu79 said:
u can also learn by reading photography books, and photography websites. if u like, this xin-jiao can give u pointers.... just drop me a pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom