Where to get XQD card and how to backup your photos without a notebook?

Madmax

Nov 22, 2003
Hi,

Where do you buy your XQD cards from? Sony lists the price of 64GB card as $208. Is there a cheaper source?
Also, how do you backup your photos from the XQD card when on a holiday without a notebook? Read in other forums that some people use the WD Passport Wireless GO but it is so expensive.

Thanks

hey! i previously got mine from carousell. there are a few sellers there who consolidate orders locally and buy them overseas. slightly cheaper than the stores here.

as for backing up..apart from WD wireless GO, i am not sure there are other options. problem is that there are not many backup devices for XQD cards out there AFAIK.

Thanks! Saw someone selling at 10% cheaper than Sony stores.

Sony announced XQD in January 2012. Sony is the creator. They manufacture XQD under Sony brand. Delkin and Lexar do make them.
If you want to buy Sony XQD, it is reasonable to assume that Sony will NOT want to undercut the retailers / shops that sell Sony XQD cards.
Which shop wants to stock Sony XQD cards for sale, if consumers can go direct to Sony and buy them much cheaper than the price quoted by the shop?

I got my 64Gb xqd from TK FOTO at 170. I use the WD My Passport Wireless Pro SSD to backup using the xqd card reader on the move. It has usb and sd card slot, own battery.

Last edited:
Thanks. $170 for 64GB sounds good!

Hi,

Where do you buy your XQD cards from? Sony lists the price of 64GB card as $208. Is there a cheaper source?
Also, how do you backup your photos from the XQD card when on a holiday without a notebook? Read in other forums that some people use the WD Passport Wireless GO but it is so expensive.

Thanks

Don't buy SSD, it is expensive. As I remember, WD My Passport Wireless is around $320 for 2TB (not Go / not SSD).
The above-mentioned $170 for 64GB memory card is more expensive.