Where to get this dry box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, just got my Dslr, needed a dry box, may I know where to get this basic dry box or other boxes that is similar? I know it is sold in NTUC or something?

http://www.digihub.com.sg/SubCategor...nCategoryID=15

Thanks

Hi siaoguitar,

I think i did saw it selling in NTUC before. Btw, you might wanna consider getting a dry cabinet right from the start, without incurring extra cost of getting this dry box which can be almost 20% of a 30L cabinet.

Do a search in this forum and you should get tonnes of opinions which might help to answer your doubts with regards to dry cabinet. Cheers!

P.S. your link has error. Should be this: http://www.digihub.com.sg/SubCategoryList.aspx?MainCategoryID=15

you can order from them directly via email, free delievery i think

Is there any other dry box to recommend other than this? I am just starting on DSLR shooting and have one with kit lens. So wat thinking of juz getting a dry box first. However I would prfer something slightly bigger than this digibox

I have seen this box in NTUC AMK, currently at $25.
MS colour at AMK is selling at $23.

Is there any other dry box to recommend other than this? I am just starting on DSLR shooting and have one with kit lens. So wat thinking of juz getting a dry box first. However I would prfer something slightly bigger than this digibox

I have seen this box in NTUC AMK, currently at $25.
MS colour at AMK is selling at $23.

Hi cumzball,

As a fellow starter, i would advise you to get a dry cabinet straight. Not sure if budget or space is your concern, but eventually you will need one. So why not invest the $30+ (since you intend to find something bigger) straight into a dry cabinet. Just my 5 cents.

Hi cumzball,

As a fellow starter, i would advise you to get a dry cabinet straight. Not sure if budget or space is your concern, but eventually you will need one. So why not invest the $30+ (since you intend to find something bigger) straight into a dry cabinet. Just my 5 cents.

Hi Ironic

Having both space and budget constraint at the moment. Tat's why am thinking of getting a dry box first till my M Miojo is replenished.

Hi Ironic

Having both space and budget constraint at the moment. Tat's why am thinking of getting a dry box first till my M Miojo is replenished.

lame excuses. can afford to buy a DSLR but cannot buy a 100 odd dry cabinet.

and the dry box is only half if not 3/4 the size of the dry cabinet. speak as if its a refrigerator size.
:rolleyes:

look long term dude.

u spent $30+ or less to buy a dry box then to chuck it aside (even sell also wun fetch you much), then u end up spending $100+ (cost of dry cabinet) + $30+ (cost of dry box)

do your sums.

Last edited:
Agree with the recommendation to buy a dry cabi. It is a lot easier as no need to worry about replacing gel, etc. Once the cabi setting is stabilised just leave it to run. :)

Last edited:
Anyway, I have bought this dry box for $25 from John 3:16 this evening.....thanks guys

Hi sinned79,
which brand/model of cabinet u talking abt?
n which outlet of parisilk u went?

very attractive price sia:)

Last edited:
been shooting for 2 years...still using my 80L DIY drybox ...keke...humidity control @55%
damage done on dry box = less than $20.
damage done on camera lens flash tripod etc 3k++

anyway if u are using just 1 lens and its kit lens + camera...use it often u dont even need a dry box

Yes,bro...exactly the same one shown in my first post...cheers

Tell us bro, how do you control the humidity 45~55 ?
Are you using hungry hipo?

Last edited:
This morning it was about 48%, then I opened the box to put my camera in for the 1st time, it jumped up to 60% !! So I kiasu, opened a new NTUC bought non-"thirsty hippo" brand one to put in to supplement the drying, before I left the house it went down to 52% and still going down.

Will update when I get home this evening.

Tell us bro, how do you control the humidity 45~55 ?
Are you using hungry hipo?

This morning it was about 48%, then I opened the box to put my camera in for the 1st time, it jumped up to 60% !! So I kiasu, opened a new NTUC bought non-"thirsty hippo" brand one to put in to supplement the drying, before I left the house it went down to 52% and still going down.

I bought my camera 1.5 months ago. Also using the dry box with NTUC brand dehumidifier because I read some post saying the blue silica gel is not healthy. I opened only 1/3 of the cover. Still on my first box of dehumidifier. Humidity is always within 45-55%.

Last check by my wife just now is 42% . Looking good to me.........

Status
Not open for further replies.