Where to get the cheapest Aego 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 3, 2004
That 2.1 speaker system. Sounds real good. Time to relive the good old days of hifi again..... :)

used to be $700+ when just come out....now still $299

the cheapest was $199 during a promotion at *** website

regeret not buying 2 sets at that time, my friend bought one set at $199, waiting for him to sell away

lol

Is this hifi speakers? @$199? The name sounds very familar. Aego....

Wai said:
one of the best 2.1 speakers for PC

go google Aego and you should find this

Ah.... i see i see. From AE, no wonder! I think i saw the 5.1 system before. A bit bass heavy but good for bass freaks! But i think the one Apple using for its iMAC looks better. JBL? keke a bit out of touch with speakers these days.

heavy?? not at all, those bass freaks will say the bass not enough, bass fresks should go for altec lansing or Klipsch, these are US speakers

Personally I prefer UK speakers, sounds more natural esp for vocal, I have a VideoLogic and really want to get the AE as well

JBL? I thought it should be Harman Kardon SoundSticks?

Wai said:
heavy?? not at all, those bass freaks will say the bass not enough, bass fresks should go for altec lansing or Klipsch, these are US speakers

Personally I prefer UK speakers, sounds more natural esp for vocal, I have a VideoLogic and really want to get the AE as well

JBL? I thought it should be Harman Kardon SoundSticks?

Ooops! Sorry, i meant the iPod one. Those funny cone shapes speakers :) VideoLogic....another familar name! They make digital radios? UK sounds? NAD? Their CD players are not too bad. I like Mission speakers. Using a set of Polk Audio now. Maybe its time for a change....

Hey Wai,

Yeah, i searched and found that there is this hardwarezoom site which said it was being sold at $199 last year. Damn, no **** you got 1 set at $199?. I was still playing hifi when it first came out and they plugged it into a Marantz CD-72SE MkII at that annual hifi show at Le Meridien Hotel and damn.....maciam 10k system. Even my uncle and friend who are pretty hardcore audio enthusiasts (i hate the word audiophile) were amazed. Obviously you can't play some funny funny genres of music on it, but for light stuff like light classical, jazz, vocals, even ambient pop stuff like Robbie Williams Live, it's great!

I have AE One, that $300 bookshelf. Sounds great too. But i am tight with space so i usually do headphones for critical listening (Senn HD-600, small tube amp). So this Aego 2 fits the bill. In fact i don't care for rear speakers in a AC-3 setup, so next time just plug in a small center speaker and be done with it. :)

I saw it $299 at Sim Lim Sq 1st level. If got something like $269 and i will be happy. Else bo bian lor, $299 is still very good everything in including decent spk cables. Just dust off my CD-63SE and it's good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.