Where to get super bright light bulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyq

Oct 3, 2006
Tampines
Who know where to get those 60w (6500k) and more kind of energy saving light bulb? the keyword is not to ex and reliable.

i need to light up a tent of around 1meter square diy light tent. any recommendation?

Perhaps you can try Mustafa ctr. Recently I bought 2 pcs that can go up to 125 Watts -Daylight about $10 + each, IIRC.

Perhaps you can try Mustafa ctr. Recently I bought 2 pcs that can go up to 125 Watts -Daylight about $10 + each, IIRC.

is that bright enough? your 125watts is in energy saving bulb specification or for the normal bulb specification?

Just go to those clearout stores where they always display cheap Energizer batteries among other even cheaper batteries outside, for example ABC store at Bugis and Peninsula, that kind. They will have Philips and Osram and some other funny brands for you to choose from. But they're not very directional, so it depends on how you want to light your tent.

Oh, you can get clamp bulb holders on those stores too, to attach your bulbs to your tent, if you haven't already had a solution to attaching bulbs.

I think some NTUCs have (in fact I saw it at Clementi NTUC).. Osram bulbs with wattage more than 100W. The energy-saving bulbs cost about $6-$10. Dont know if you consider this ex..

is that bright enough? your 125watts is in energy saving bulb specification or for the normal bulb specification?

125watts in energy saving mode. Normal specification is 60 watts, i think. For tent shoot, 125 watts is super the bright already! :bigeyes:

I know that a 100W light bulb can light up a toilet already. I find that those philips energy saving bulb (the one with twisted tube) that rated above 18W already very bright even for my living room...
But to use on light tent will depend on the placement of the light and how many light sources you intend to have (only from the top or lighting from the sides also).
So you might need to play around to see what suited your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.