Where to get square umbrellas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only been able to find regular umbrellas. Is there an inexpensive source for square ones anywhere locally?

From Rehana:lovegrin:

some photoflex umbrella can change to square do check their instruction. :cool:

My first reaction was te same as yours...assuming the TS is asking about studio umbrellas. Was about to suggest some DIY ideas and then realised TS could be asking about umbrellas for blocking rain/sun (to be used as props maybe) instead of studio umbrellas.

Anyway, if it is studio umbrellas, then maybe can sewblack cloth along the edges of a regular round (or octagonal to be exact) umbrella and create a square mask. Alternatively just get a square soft box.

My first reaction was te same as yours...assuming the TS is asking about studio umbrellas. Was about to suggest some DIY ideas and then realised TS could be asking about umbrellas for blocking rain/sun (to be used as props maybe) instead of studio umbrellas.

Anyway, if it is studio umbrellas, then maybe can sewblack cloth along the edges of a regular round (or octagonal to be exact) umbrella and create a square mask. Alternatively just get a square soft box.

oh yes I totally agreed. :thumbsup:

I was hoping for deep umbrellas... thinking of mounting a flash inside it and then fixing a diffuser material on the outside. Any suggestions for this? The regular umbrellas seem quite shallow.

I was hoping for deep umbrellas... thinking of mounting a flash inside it and then fixing a diffuser material on the outside. Any suggestions for this? The regular umbrellas seem quite shallow.

You mean you want to find a deep, square umbrella?

Status
Not open for further replies.