Where to get shoulder padding?

donut88

Nov 14, 2008
Hi all,

as above, where to get shoulder padding, for shoulder strap?

i have a cam bag with one shoulder strap and it comes with shoulder pad. but i find the shoulder pad is too thin and my shoulder will ache after awhile. it can be taken out from the strap (velcro type)

So i'm looking for a better padding (it has to be velcro type, because my shoulder strap is fixed to the bag)

Today, I saw a Crumpler shoulder pad, price is $32, from one of the recommended shop in this forum. Length is long and not bad in quality

Thanks!

Bagman pads, same like crumpler, can get from Funan challenger

i did went to funan challenger and asked a salesgal... she say they dun sell....... :angry:

what kind of sale staff they employed?

I like timbuktu bag's shoulder pads. I bought mine from this shop at Bugis junction.
It has thick pads which helps in relieving pressure from your shoulder bag.

There are 2 versions , one has non-slip inner surface and the other doesn't. I bought the non-slip one.

I do have the domke's pad as well, I prefer the timbuktu's pads for use on my Crumpler 7mdh & 8mdh.

That being said, I'm more into thinktank's bags and their shoulder bags have very good padding, especially the retrospective series

midicity said:
I like timbuktu bag's shoulder pads. I bought mine from this shop at Bugis junction.
It has thick pads which helps in relieving pressure from your shoulder bag.

There are 2 versions , one has non-slip inner surface and the other doesn't. I bought the non-slip one.

I do have the domke's pad as well, I prefer the timbuktu's pads for use on my Crumpler 7mdh & 8mdh.

That being said, I'm more into thinktank's bags and their shoulder bags have very good padding, especially the retrospective series

How much the timbuktu bag's shoulder pads cost?

midicity, is this the one you are refering to?

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/strap-pad-ballistc

Mind telling us which shop at BJ?

Yes, this is the one I have. I have 2 of them for different Crumpler shoulder bags.
I think it's about $30-40. It's quite lasting. Both are still quite new looking.
I think mine is the one with griptex ( the non-slip surface inside prevents the bag from slipping off your shoulder)
I feel that the non-slip one is better

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/gripster-strap-pad

I bought at this shop at bugis junction, which sells a lot of messenger bags. It's on the 2nd or 3rd floor, at the escalator, the one that's just inside Bugis Junction, leading to the cinema

I bought my 1st one at another shop that has since closed down. I suppose shops that sell Timbuk2 bags should stock it.

Last edited:
I bought one made by Matin. Quite comfortable. $20+

Yes, this is the one I have. I have 2 of them for different Crumpler shoulder bags.
I think it's about $30-40. It's quite lasting. Both are still quite new looking.
I think mine is the one with griptex ( the non-slip surface inside prevents the bag from slipping off your shoulder)
I feel that the non-slip one is better

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/gripster-strap-pad

I bought at this shop at bugis junction, which sells a lot of messenger bags. It's on the 2nd or 3rd floor, at the escalator, the one that's just inside Bugis Junction, leading to the cinema

I bought my 1st one at another shop that has since closed down. I suppose shops that sell Timbuk2 bags should stock it.

Thanks for the info.

Is it very long? 30cm long?

The crumpler pad that i saw is long, which is good.

I think the prices are about the same, then.

you mean the shop at 2nd or 3rd level near the escalator selling lot of messenger bags call slurplife is it?

sorry, I can't remember the shop name. I just remembered that it was put inside the glass display cupboard at the cashier.

It is long, about slightly longer than the stock crumpler padding. It's way better than the crumpler padding.
I have the domke, crumpler ones and have looked at the matin and others as well.
I liked the timbuk2 best.
However, try it yourself to see if you like it.

Currently, am using thinktank bags instead of crumpler MDH bags, in my opinion and limited experience with a few shoulder pads, only the built-in thinktank retrospective pads wins it by a bit.

If I'm using any other shoulder bags, I will definitely use the timbuk2 pad

thanks for the info.. You just got it a few weeks back only right? Scare that the shop you mention no longer there..hahaha

you can always try the Army Market at Golden Mile. they have a variety of shoulder pads... cheap too especially if your sling bag's quite the army style.

i have a pair on my SBO and boy does it help much

you can always try the Army Market at Golden Mile. they have a variety of shoulder pads... cheap too especially if your sling bag's quite the army style.

i have a pair on my SBO and boy does it help much

They cost about $2 to $2.50 depending on the quality you want :)