Where to get S$5 worth of 1 cent coin?

chrlimsy123

Dec 18, 2010
Singapore
Hi, I need to get S$5 worth of 1 cent Singapore coin. Any feedback or offer to exchange is much appreciated. You may also PM me to further discuss. Thank you.

Call your bank branch and ask them to prepare for you

just make a cash withdraw of $5.00 at the bank which you have account with, ask the teller to give you in one cent denomination.

most unlikely. unless one knows the bank mgr personally and ask for a favour. banks have instruction from mas to collect such 1 ct from circulation. mas has stopped production of it, although still legal tender.

Last edited:
Hi, I need to get S$5 worth of 1 cent Singapore coin. Any feedback or offer to exchange is much appreciated. You may also PM me to further discuss. Thank you.

i have at home .... sell you $10 for 500 1cent coins

Wah piang eh, want to pay people back also not like that la. Hahahaha :D

most unlikely. unless one knows the bank mgr personally and ask for a favour. banks have instruction from mas to collect such 1 ct from circulation. mas has stopped production of it, although still legal tender.

didn't notice that, thank for sharing.

maybe is good time to collect many one cent coins to put inside fish tank for decoration....

i have at home .... sell you $10 for 500 1cent coins

If any lowballer want to buy your lens, you can give him the changes in 1 cent coins :bsmilie:

Hi, sorry that I didn't mention - have walked into a few bank branches, called the hotlines and even tried money changers... no luck. 1 bank told me they are 'short' of 1 cent, a few just have a few pcs in their counters. Thanks to all who feedback.

Have you tried Singapore Mint? Years back got new 1cts, 5 cts, 10 cts, etc cions from them for shoot.

Sorry, collected from Singapore Mint (arrange by my client)

Last edited:
they stopped making them liao. i'm keeping my stock of 1c coins close to myself hehee

This one face value was US$1.
99.9% silver.
Now the melt value of that silver is US$29.34.

16_Rev.jpg

ricohflex said:
This one face value was US$1.
99.9% silver.
Now the melt value of that silver is US$29.34.

Coin is worth much more than the metal.