Where to get lens adaptor for FZ5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velectron

Dec 1, 2005
Admiralty
I recently bought a FZ5 and was quite disappointed with the lens adaptor provided. The lens thread on the adaptor does not seem to mate well with the lens thread of an external filter - filter can just drop out even when fully screwed in. My cousin who owned a FZ5 also encountered the same problem.

I know there is this Phayee Adaptor around, but from what I had read so far, it seems to fit the FZ10/FZ20 only. Is there a similar adaptor that can be purchased locally for the FZ5? If there is, can anyone kindly tell me where to get it? What is the approximate price for one?

Many thanks in advance!

The cause of the problem is extra 1mm of unthreaded plastic in front of the plastic lens tube. Sand/cut it away and you can attach lenses without problems.

Thanks for the tip! Will try it out. :)

There's a thread on this, you can do a search.

Looks like some metal (alloy) adaptor for the FZ5. Would gladly get it, if not for selling my conversion lens!

u can try email
mschen3@url.com.tw.

anyway it says
Shipping and FZ5 Adapter = 100 + 800 = 900 Taiwan dollars (approximately 45 SGD)
Shipping and FZ10/20 Adapter = 100 + 1200 = 1300 Taiwan Dollars (approximate 66 SGD)
NOTE: Shipping is within taiwan.
I believe international shipping will cost much more.

email him for more details ba.

Sound pretty reasonable. If more people are interested, can organise a MO! :thumbsup:

Junye said:
u can try email
mschen3@url.com.tw.

anyway it says
Shipping and FZ5 Adapter = 100 + 800 = 900 Taiwan dollars (approximately 45 SGD)
Shipping and FZ10/20 Adapter = 100 + 1200 = 1300 Taiwan Dollars (approximate 66 SGD)
NOTE: Shipping is within taiwan.
I believe international shipping will cost much more.

email him for more details ba.

Price SGD45 is ok. shipping maybe another SGD10 = SGD55 maybe.
wat is the adaptor make of??

Do a MO, then shipping will be cheaper.

who needs this let me know asap.. say, by 12pm today..
I MIGHT be able to get a friend who is flying from taiwan on the 10th/11th to bring...

i pm'ed you bro. i might be interested in this! anyone else?:thumbsup:

unseen said:
I MIGHT be able to get a friend who is flying from taiwan on the 10th/11th to bring...

hey bro,
get me one as well. hope is not to late..............kekekeke

unseen said:

hi there i also interested in getting the adaptor can? thanks! hope i'm not too late... haha

oh yes anyone knows how much the olympus wcon 08 and 07 costs for the FZ5 ? thanks!!:sweatsm:

Yoz bros.. sorry.. my friend is too busy to pluck out some time to go pick it up..
She's rushing around like a mad woman finishing up stuff. Her flight is tomorrow morning, so...

the only way is to wait for the next time she go back to taiwan, or when I go back to taiwan, or my relatives are free to help pick it up.
heh better get a MO going if urgent ba..
Sorry..

unseen said:
Yoz bros.. sorry.. my friend is too busy to pluck out some time to go pick it up..
She's rushing around like a mad woman finishing up stuff. Her flight is tomorrow morning, so...

the only way is to wait for the next time she go back to taiwan, or when I go back to taiwan, or my relatives are free to help pick it up.
Sorry..
yo unseen, ur taiwanese ah? didnt noe that! anyway happy CNY to all in adv!

unseen said:

Sorry..

hey bro,
no worries man...........next time
good idea to get MO going............. to bad cannot read mandrain..........sigh

I'm more like mixed.. not pure taiwanese..
lol let me know about the MO. i MIGHT be able 2 get someone send it over or pick it up by cheaper shipping. or with luck, bring it over. sorry, i've been bz with my fyp interim report.. lucky now finish le, can break a bit. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.