Where to get Holga now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathan_wong

Jul 29, 2005
Pasir Ris/Thomson
www.ez-stab.com
Hi people

Used to get the Holga camera (120N in blue and black box) from some seller in this forum.

Anyone can tell me where they are now? Have seen the Holga now in some wierd packaging. The price has gone crazy also.

Thanks.

can also go to DDD at burlington (call first for existing stock)

I'm just curious, is the holga really worth the price?
Is it a little overpriced due to it's "rage" now?
After all the holga was made to be a cheap cam for china ppl back in the old days.
Now i can get cheaper 2nd hand compacts with AF.
Pls don't flame me. i'm just curious. :embrass:

Hi Bro

When I first saw the Holga many years ago, I said to me self "what the ......??!!"

But I bought one in 1998 there about, and then it came only with a 645 mask. I had to butcher it to make it 6X6. The shuttle sticked, and had to oil it to make it work.

The first roll was like a joke, freaky, not sure, and I used the flash for everyshot. On Agfa Optima 400 colour print film. Results? Super! The vignetting was nice. It works very well for a half body mug shot.

Then latter I bought from someone here for about $55, the Holga improved for a 6X6 mask with a blue coloured box. Light leak problems still existed. But overall a lot more improvement. Yes, you can buy the original from China for damn cheap price, but then the $55 camera was pretty fun to shoot.

Because of work I ignored my camera for several years. Lately, I picked up two more Holga.

One is for 6X6. The new one has an improvement to provide a B shuttle! And it has glass lens. I like it very much. However, the selector is still a dud. Have to butcher to make a F16/F22 hole. Picture is slightly better than the old plastic ones! I can make time exposure on F22!

And am I glad there are so many more Holga lomo youngsters now!

Also, I have purchased the 35mm back, which I think it is magic. In the past I mask up the back and had a hard time determining how much 35mm film to wind. Now it is a complete precision made back! The picture is funky (must use ASA400) and I highly recommend the Fuji 800 .

~$65 dollors for a much improved Holga..... it is reasonable. And I thank those who make this camera available here in shops.... buying from USA or China can be a pain.

Hey, thanks for your reply. :)
maybe i should get 1 and try.
Glass/Plastic lens?

TripleD at Burlington Square has several units!
got a variety of films too!

http://8storeytree.com/store/index.p...b8o43anqu9oaj5

they are nice and fast. Can deliver to you too! :)

I tested the new ones. The pictures seems nicer on a glass lens. My old ones are over 8 years old and developed fungus one lens (cleaned them).

Anyway, the Glass one has B setting. Very important for timed exposure on a tripot.

Anyway, the Glass one has B setting. Very important for timed exposure on a tripot.

All the plastic lens models have B setting as well now and are more common than glass lens models.

Status
Not open for further replies.