Where to get HB40 lens hood?

pchengws

Oct 26, 2009
Red Dot Island
Dear CSers,

I lost my Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 lens hood. It is HB40 lens hood.

I wrote to Nikon it asked me to look around dealers. I called dealers either do not hold the stock or no one pick up call or reply e-mail.

Anyone know where to get the hood for this lens? I do not mind compatible lens if I cannot find the original one.

Thank you in advance.

Try Gope's they always seem to have odd things... otherwise Cathay Photo OR ask Nikon to order for you they also can.

Thank you. Gope is a shop name?

I tried Cathay do not have the stock. I may have to go to Nikon office to place the order. The e-mail I got was to find out from their dealer. I wrote to Artworkfoto no reply and no one pickup call. TK do not carry it also.

Hi Dfive,

I found on the google the name is what you wrote Gope's. I have written to them.

Thank you.

Best to order from nikon direct. I remember most dealers do not keep it in stock.

Just get a cheapo third party one. Works the same.

Hi daredevil123 & sjackal,

Yes I have tried to ask for a quote to Nikon. The problem with Nikon I cannot find their e-mail, so I write through the customer service, not the best place to write in but I managed to sent in an request for quote. let see how they will response.

I tried asked around other shops, none has the stock for this BH40 or compatible.

The Gope's e-mail rejected it did not work.

Not easy just to find a lens hood.

I wrote to Nikon it asked me to look around dealers.

The problem with Nikon I cannot find their e-mail, so I write through the customer service, not the best place to write in but I managed to sent in an request for quote. let see how they will response.

If the second time you're going through customer service, how did you contact Nikon the first time? Surprised they'd simply ask a customer to "check with the dealers yourself".

Hi Kandinsky,

I wrote to Customer Service general.

This time still the same place because I could not find other e-mail contact method, but this time I choose the market service instead of General, normally it tries to push user to go through Q&A.

No one sells 3rd party hb40. believe me i've looked.

Bro, I believe you.

But, on ebay Hong Kong:
HB-40 HB40 Lens Hood for Nikon AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED

• $5.50
  • Buy It Now
  • Free international shipping
  • 378 sold

another seller on ebay China
[h=3]Lens Hood HB-40 for Nikon AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED lens[/h]
  • $6.15
  • Buy It Now
  • Free international shipping
  • 210 sold

Myself, using one, and actually... quality better! ;)

If in Bangkok go to the Nikon Importer there - Sunny's... they have ALL the Nikon spare pares in a cabinet.... WAY MORE organised than Nikon Singapore !!

When Im there I'll always stop by and see what they have.... basic spares are useful to keep.

If in Bangkok go to the Nikon Importer there - Sunny's... they have ALL the Nikon spare pares in a cabinet.... WAY MORE organised than Nikon Singapore !!

When Im there I'll always stop by and see what they have.... basic spares are useful to keep.

Sorry thats NIKS Thailand... the parent company of Sunny's. : http://niksthailand.co.th/contact.php

This is THE place for spares. ;) ;) ( Well if your in BKK. )

Bro, I believe you.

But, on ebay Hong Kong:
HB-40 HB40 Lens Hood for Nikon AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED

[*] $5.50
[*] Buy It Now
[*] Free international shipping
[*] 378 sold

another seller on ebay China
[h=3]Lens Hood HB-40 for Nikon AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED lens[/h]

[*] $6.15
[*] Buy It Now
[*] Free international shipping
[*] 210 sold

Myself, using one, and actually... quality better! ;)

I find a lot in taobao also. But the general feedback is that the quality is not that great, and there is no anti reflective felt on the inside.

But locally, no one sells it.

Last edited:
You can buy original online ebay too. Shipped to your house.

The inside feels the same material as all other original Nikon lens hood - black plastic. Wouldn't worry about inner lens hood whether got felt or no felt on one of Nikon's most flare resistance lens.

You can buy original online ebay too. Shipped to your house.

The inside feels the same material as all other original Nikon lens hood - black plastic. Wouldn't worry about inner lens hood whether got felt or no felt on one of Nikon's most flare resistance lens.

Original one cost 40-50 sgd. Might as well buy it direct from nsc.

Dear DD123, Dfive and sjackal,

Really appreciate your help. Nikon did replied and told me SGD45 and need to wait one month for the new stock which is on the way in. Therefore I have "reserved"1 piece and they will call me when the stock is in.

I have never buy from e-Bay before, I may try it and keep a spare if I am successful with the bid.

Thank you sjackal

I need to try it from home. Office network bar me to go to Ebay.

Dear DD123, Dfive and sjackal,

Really appreciate your help. Nikon did replied and told me SGD45 and need to wait one month for the new stock which is on the way in. Therefore I have "reserved"1 piece and they will call me when the stock is in.

I have never buy from e-Bay before, I may try it and keep a spare if I am successful with the bid.

If wait is one month then it makes sense to order from ebay. Or taobao.