Where to get dry box

Status
Not open for further replies.

stev0015

Dec 11, 2009
Hi,

I am new to SLR.

I am aware that I need to buy a dry box to keep my camera and lens to prevent fungus.

Is that true?

If it is, can anyone recommend me where to get one and the cost of it?

Thanks!

:)

I would recommend an electronic dry cabi 30L for 115 at Orient Photo at Sim Lim. You can go check other places too and maybe now cheaper already.

Take good care of your expensive equipments. Better to be safe than sorry.

do check around. i bought dry cabi 30L for 105 or 108 at the shop at shawtowers (cant remember the name). price does't include delivery.

there are places where price include delivery. i think john3:16 includes delivery. dunno their price though

also dry box you need to stock silicon gel also, i think

Hi cumzball and cleonbong... I buy the dry box from amk hub?
i guess i dun need a cabi. thats too big. ahhaa
=]

hmmm. dry cabi might be too big. but dry box, u must very hardworking n have time to check n change the gel. haha.

maybe u would want to use ur camera every now n then for like 1 mth or so. in the process, save up for dry cabi. then enuf already, buy one.

then can relaxxx.. haha. (; that's my opinion though

Hi,

sorry to ask, but if every now and then got use my dslr, still need to store in digi cab or dry box?

thanks

It is still good to have a dry cabinet or dry box even though you use it often.

Hi,

sorry to ask, but if every now and then got use my dslr, still need to store in digi cab or dry box?

thanks

Hi,

I know that having a dry cabi is good.

but I will be bringing my camera to germany for 6 months, so i ca nt possibly carry the whole cabi there.

therefore, i tot of dry box.

Where can I get a good and cheap one?

At where can i purchase it?
=]

Hi. You dont need "protection" while in Germany.The climate conditions there is not going to cause fungus problems

even in other part of europe?
=]

Fungus is mainly a problem in tropical climate. So unless you are going to store your gear in a hot, humid & dark room while in Europe, you won't have a problem. I assume you will be out and about taking lots of photos, right?

Last edited:
yup... but I would want to protect it before i leave in march 2010.

So jus tot of buying a simple dry box.

u know where to get a good and reasonable priced box?

thanks

Sorry I not not familiar with dry box availability & pricing as I only use dry cabinet.

I assume you will be back in Singapore after the germany trip? If yes, I suggest you just buy a dry cabinet such as the Digi-Cabi. Get the DHC version. Cost a bit more but much easier to set the humidity level and I believe it maintains the humidity setting more accurately than the analog version. And don't make the mistake of thinking it is too big (unless you really have no space for it). I initially bought the 40 litre one and ended buying another larger one. This was exactly what the salesman had predicted.

I bought mine directly from digi cabi. They have most of their models & sizes on display so you can check them out first. The owner is a real friendly guy and they deliver free of charge.

Address is:
Entrepreneur Centre
Formerly: Markono Districentre
#04-08
50 Tagore Lane (S) 787494
Tel: 64510010

Status
Not open for further replies.