Where to get D200 accessories in SG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggy

Dec 30, 2005
Hi,

Just got the D200 last week Friday in KL and visiting SG this weekend to try out it out and to get some accessories but need to know which places are the best bet. That is, likely to have the item in stock.

MC-30 Remote Cable
EN-EL3e Battery
MB-D200

And a 2G CF Card. Which places can give a better deal for CF cards? The computer shops or the camera shops?

Where can I get these and what would be OK prices for the items.

Thanks!

Greggy

For the first 2 items and the 2Gb CF card I know TK Foto have it but not sure if the MB-D200 is available here in S'pore. As for which shops give the best deal for CF cards I think there are not much difference and if you are getting the rest of the items you may be able to get better bargains.

greggy said:
Hi,

Just got the D200 last week Friday in KL and visiting SG this weekend to try out it out and to get some accessories but need to know which places are the best bet. That is, likely to have the item in stock.

MC-30 Remote Cable
EN-EL3e Battery
MB-D200

And a 2G CF Card. Which places can give a better deal for CF cards? The computer shops or the camera shops?

Thanks!

Greggy

Just a quick question, anyone has the address of TK Foto?

Dennis said:
For the first 2 items and the 2Gb CF card I know TK Foto have it but not sure if the MB-D200 is available here in S'pore. As for which shops give the best deal for CF cards I think there are not much difference and if you are getting the rest of the items you may be able to get better bargains.

Thanks Dennis! I will check out TK Foto when I get to SG.

Happy New Year!

Greggy

greggy said:
Hi,

MC-30 Remote Cable
EN-EL3e Battery
MB-D200

Thanks!

Greggy

I just bought MC-30 Remote Cable from Alan Photo @ Sim Lim

How much did you pay for the D200 and where ?

It's kind of strange that you're buying from Sin, when the people here are going across to purchase.

greggy said:
Hi,

MC-30 Remote Cable
EN-EL3e Battery
MB-D200

Thanks!

Greggy

Forto said:
How much did you pay for the D200 and where ?

It's kind of strange that you're buying from Sin, when the people here are going across to purchase.

Well, I got the D200 from YS Photo in PJ SS2 for RM 5950 after pre-ordering and paying a deposit on Monday last week. Collected on Friday. They received from Nikon only the two units that they had pre-sold. I got a feeling the guy had to scramble to even get those two.

As for the MC-30, the RRP is RM 330 in KL and the shops I called were quoting around that price. The price difference is enough for me to buy a return bus ticket to SG this weekend, pick up the MC-30, walk around, take some shots and get back in the evening! Nikon SG's RRP for the MC-30 is $100. So will the street price be $70-$80?

As for the EN-EL3e, is the price around that of the EN-EL3a?

Are CF card prices in SG comparable to the best US online prices?

greggy

MC-30 is due for replacement by MC-36, costs actually near S$95.

EN-EL3s regardless a, e or non of the above, costs the same.

espn said:
MC-30 is due for replacement by MC-36, costs actually near S$95.

I don't think the MC-36 is a replacement for the MC-30. The MC-30 is just a basic shutter release unit with lock, while the MC-36 has an LCD display multiple buttons and intervalometer.

Its more likely to be a replacement for the MC-20, which means it will likely be a costly purchase. Certainly not like the $95 for the MC-30.

Status
Not open for further replies.