Where to get CS2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golgotha

Aug 20, 2004
Melbourne/Singapore
I've recently changed over to a Mac, unfortunately I don't have programs like Photoshop for Mac........where can i get one and how much would it cost me?

You can get adobe PS CS2 at almost any computer authorised dealer in Sim lim or Funan. Will cost a couple of hundreds depending if you are student or not...

if you're a student, should be $400-500...if not should be around $1100-1200

Would someone set the police on me if I say buy.... *******

Ok just kidding. Please support your original software companies otherwise there would be no more software for you in future. :bsmilie:

Golgotha, if you are serious on putting down money for Adobe Photoshop, I suggest you wait a little while more because CS3 release is just round the corner and since you mention you just bought a Mac, I would assume it comes with the the new dual-core processor. CS3 is universal binary... thus running much much faster than CS2 will ever run on your new mac.

get your cousin/ niece/nephew or pay a student a few dollars and get a student combo. i remembered when i was in sec4, someone paid me a nice sum to get the CS1 .. ehehe

get your cousin/ niece/nephew or pay a student a few dollars and get a student combo. i remembered when i was in sec4, someone paid me a nice sum to get the CS1 .. ehehe

Wah lik dat also can :bigeyes: :bsmilie:

While student edition is definitely cheaper compared to retail version, it may not be eligible for future upgrades. That means that if there were to be a major upgrade, you might have to pay for a completely new version, not an upgrade. Secondly, if the student version is used for business, technically the software watchdog people can actually go after you...

And the third point is that the student version must be registered in the student's name. Pay a bomb and still end with using 'other people's software'.

I bought my CS2 under my Wife's name :bsmilie: student last time.

Do they check for student ID when buying? Sometimes they don't.

I think adobe will not mind if HOME users buy the student edition, provided you don't run a photography business with it lor.

Would someone set the police on me if I say buy.... *******

Ok just kidding. Please support your original software companies otherwise there would be no more software for you in future. :bsmilie:

Golgotha, if you are serious on putting down money for Adobe Photoshop, I suggest you wait a little while more because CS3 release is just round the corner and since you mention you just bought a Mac, I would assume it comes with the the new dual-core processor. CS3 is universal binary... thus running much much faster than CS2 will ever run on your new mac.

Yup using Core 2 Duo. Downloaded the CS3 beta n it's sweet.But only 2 day trial.

As for purchasing student edition, I'm still a student hahaha old student hahaha...i will try see if i can get it at student price. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.