where to get coloued gels

Status
Not open for further replies.

xieyuqi

Mar 10, 2002
Visit site
anywhere selling coloured gels?

the ones offered by cathay is way too big. i want to buy just enough to cover 420 and 550ex flash heads and in variety of colours (and also polarising gel)

anyone can help or maybe if many of us are interested can pool to share to buy the big ones.

Contact Kodak Professional to find out who's stocking Wratten filters.

Lee Filters UK is also a very good manufacturer of Gels - Ask your local camera shop who can supply them. Many Lee filters are also available via Professional Audio hire companies that hire equipment to bands etc.

Be prepared to pay some serious $$ though for Gels.

Standard sizes are: 3x3", 4x4" 6x6" and then 12x12" .. prices range from about USD 15 and up for 3x3 and up to several hundred dollars for 12 x12 inch and larger.

I tried to ask around for coloured gels before.... most of the photo shops replied... "huh? What's that?"...

I only saw it in CP.. but as mentioned by xieyuqi.. it's a package... of all the colours... and way too big.. and $$

gave me a stack of Lee Filter samples to choose from 2 days back.....free. He'll let regular clients take a scissors to the stack and cut out whatever they need. They're about 2.5cm x 6cm sized in clear plastic

Originally posted by ed9119
gave me a stack of Lee Filter samples to choose from 2 days back.....free. He'll let regular clients take a scissors to the stack and cut out whatever they need. They're about 2.5cm x 6cm sized in clear plastic

next time can help me 'take' a bit can?

2.5x6cm enough for flash head liao

buy some flim or something from Ruby first? the samples are kept under the counter and Andy's nice enough not to mind if you ask nicely :)

dont wait too long though

Andy from ruby is a very nice guy, very easy to become a "regular" :p and his's quite good with names, he'll probably remember you very fast.

i printed lotsa slides there before but still not very close to them

hi guys

how much are the gels? i remembered asking for polarising gel n it costs $100+ which i thought is very expensive.

i would be interested to chip in n get some colour or polarising gels if there is a pool.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.