Where to get cocktail equipment and accessories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crockery shops?
I believe the crockery shop near MS Colour sells those steel cocktail shakers.
U can check it out the next time u pass there.

Wide range of liquors?
Meidiya Supermarket at Liang Court have a selection of liquors. But the range is primarily Sake. I did see a couple of ang mor liquors as well. U can try Carrefour Plaza Sing? I think they've got a section on level 1 that has got this whole range of wines and stuff like dat.

Alternatively, try Changi Airport.

for food and beverage equipment, etc, sia huat at temple street(chinatown).

best place to get alcohol is from DFS at the airport (duh)

since this is for home use.. i suggest getting ppl to buy for you and slowly extend your collection.

imo .. for a proper bar.. you should have at least

2 kinds of vodka
dark and light rum
whisky
beer
scotch
gin

alot of different mixers (tonic+club soda+juices) + lime + lemon + sugar syrup

you might want some vermouth for those james bond wannabes :bsmilie: j/k

what else... glasses + lots and lots and lots of ice

andre said:
So Adam...when u get the complete set, must invite me to come to your place and taste your "Adam Goi's Long Island Tea" ;)

rgds,
Andre

Erm ... let me get the stuff and then formula right ... as you can see, the start up cost is pretty high ... :sweat:

Adam, depending on how 'hard-core' you want your home bar to be, general bar equipment can be easily gotten from IKEA (cheap, functional but not very high class) to the most expensive crystal ware. Search the large department stores like Tangs (basement) to get a general idea of what's available (a LOT!).

IF you're thinking of a full-bar set-up, then you need to also consider the actual bar erection, and all necessary fixtures like a storage space, sink and mini fridge, as well as glass storage racks.

If it's just for fun, and you want to keep costs low, go for the most important things first - the ingredients, cheap glasses and accessories and expand/upgrade later on.

CHEERS!

steal the glasses from the pub.
do a goggle on the search on cocktail

Got all the liquors liao ... now short of sweet and sour (know where to get it?) and also need to find time to visit Tangs basement as recommended ... need a shaker and some measuring accessories ... ;)

Keep the pointers coming and TIA! ;)

act...did i recall seeing some stuff at spotlight? i cant be sure..

trlnlty said:
best place to get alcohol is from DFS at the airport (duh)

since this is for home use.. i suggest getting ppl to buy for you and slowly extend your collection.

imo .. for a proper bar.. you should have at least

2 kinds of vodka
dark and light rum
whisky
beer
scotch
gin

alot of different mixers (tonic+club soda+juices) + lime + lemon + sugar syrup

you might want some vermouth for those james bond wannabes :bsmilie: j/k

what else... glasses + lots and lots and lots of ice
James Bond wannabes??? Well, seems like a slap in the face for all the martini drinkers .... but then Mr. Bond himself is not that authentic either .... vodka martini ...yuks

Status
Not open for further replies.