Where to get Chinese photography magazines locally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newman

Mar 2, 2003
TBC
As above, anyone knows? :dunno:

Newman said:
As above, anyone knows? :dunno:

Maybe you can try Popular Bookshop(some chinese photography books though) at Majestic or Brash Basah.
;)

blurblock said:
Which Magazine are you looking for specifically?

There's a chinese bookstore selling all chinese mags and books opp bras basah near the 7-11 side.

They are selling the chinese mags (1 mth ago usually) at about S$10. I fly frequently to China and if you want i may be able to bring back for you the current copies...

I saw some very current ones at Knowledge Bookshop the other day at Bras Basah Complex. Ironically Knowledge Bookshop is an indian-owned second hand bookshop... but they do have the latest chinese photography magazines.

good luck!

Can try the shops at Bras Basar Complex. There is a shop on ground floor, selling many Chinese photography magazines from China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. Also other Chinese magazines like music, paint, gongfu, etc.

blurblock said:
Which Magazine are you looking for specifically?

No title in particular but I managed to pick up a past issue of PhotoGal along an Orchard Road newspaper kiosk a few days back. My Chinese is not good so I just grabbed it for the pictures. It was cheap, only $4.50.

Thanks for all your help folks. I will go to Bras Basah to do some hunting.

Wah another hot spot! Thanks. A bit out of place for me but I'll keep it in mind.

yulee said:
Holland Village

erm.. i was actually at the magazine stands at HV during lunch.. I didn't recall seeing any chinese mags, let alone chinese PHOTOGRAPHY mags.. :dunno:

care to enlighten us which part of HV are you referring to?

Unless you must have the latest, I found a lot of interesting "PHOTOCHINA" in Jurong East Library.

Status
Not open for further replies.