Where to get Chinese photography magazines locally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newman

Mar 2, 2003
TBC
As above, anyone knows? :dunno:

ransoma22

Mar 31, 2002
KTV Lounge Hall
Newman said:
As above, anyone knows? :dunno:
Maybe you can try Popular Bookshop(some chinese photography books though) at Majestic or Brash Basah.
;)

nemesis32

Oct 16, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
blurblock said:
Which Magazine are you looking for specifically?
There's a chinese bookstore selling all chinese mags and books opp bras basah near the 7-11 side.

They are selling the chinese mags (1 mth ago usually) at about S$10. I fly frequently to China and if you want i may be able to bring back for you the current copies...

engineermunn

Nov 21, 2002
Visit site
I saw some very current ones at Knowledge Bookshop the other day at Bras Basah Complex. Ironically Knowledge Bookshop is an indian-owned second hand bookshop... but they do have the latest chinese photography magazines.

good luck!

Astin

Mar 2, 2002
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
Can try the shops at Bras Basar Complex. There is a shop on ground floor, selling many Chinese photography magazines from China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. Also other Chinese magazines like music, paint, gongfu, etc.

Newman

Mar 2, 2003
TBC
blurblock said:
Which Magazine are you looking for specifically?
No title in particular but I managed to pick up a past issue of PhotoGal along an Orchard Road newspaper kiosk a few days back. My Chinese is not good so I just grabbed it for the pictures. It was cheap, only $4.50.

Thanks for all your help folks. I will go to Bras Basah to do some hunting.

Newman

Mar 2, 2003
TBC
Wah another hot spot! Thanks. A bit out of place for me but I'll keep it in mind.

engineermunn

Nov 21, 2002
Visit site
yulee said:
Holland Village
erm.. i was actually at the magazine stands at HV during lunch.. I didn't recall seeing any chinese mags, let alone chinese PHOTOGRAPHY mags.. :dunno:

care to enlighten us which part of HV are you referring to?

T50JOHN

May 19, 2004
West Zone
Unless you must have the latest, I found a lot of interesting "PHOTOCHINA" in Jurong East Library.

Status
Not open for further replies.