Where to get cheapest phone without contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
As above.. MUST have local warranty.. hehe!

Any place to recommend? :)

me looking for one too.

Nokia 1600 (first hand) selling at $99 at AMK Hub NTUC. No camera, no radio, basic entry level phone.

The good thing is super long battery life (450hrs) due to smaller software inside, absence of camera and radio. Light weight and small too.

:thumbsup:

i'm looking for a phone with no camera but with good functions like at least a fm tuner.

nk 6030. 148 or 168 w/o line if m not wrong.

Nokia 1600 (first hand) selling at $99 at AMK Hub NTUC. No camera, no radio, basic entry level phone.

The good thing is super long battery life (450hrs) due to smaller software inside, absence of camera and radio. Light weight and small too.

:thumbsup:
is this without line?

I bought my handphone from iPosh as their prices is quite competitive.

http://iposh.livejournal.com/

You need to call them to buy the handphone as the store is not manned most of the time unless it is the weekend.

If you just need a basic handphone, you can get the export set Nokia 1110i at $65 and the 1112 at $67 from Mustafa Centre.

HTH.

Any good reliable model/brand that has no camera but have radio? Nokia like a bit boring. :bsmilie: SE?

don get color lcd phone ..
$80+ can get w/o line

yes, sg has black version, i think can buy from yahoo auctions, ~$140 too
it's a good phone, i love mine
basic functions, no cam, but hp cams suck anyways at current status
battery life is tip-top
so is calling and sms user-friendliness

yes, sg has black version, i think can buy from yahoo auctions, ~$140 too
it's a good phone, i love mine
basic functions, no cam, but hp cams suck anyways at current status
battery life is tip-top
so is calling and sms user-friendliness

Thanks, how is the earpiece? Is the sound quality good? And most importantly, is it hard to achieve a connection with the earpiece? I mean my old Nokia have to adjust here and there to get stereo sound. Most of the time, only 1 side got sound. Gave up! Thats why I'm a little concern about the earpiece. The radio function is quite impt! :bsmilie:

yahoo auctions is export set leh? No warranty. I hope mobilesquare got warranty.

behyx, sorry for hijacking ur thread but i'm looking for the same thing as u. :bsmilie:

haha, warranty is no issue la, really
1 year these days is nothing for phone.. =D
not sure if yahoo auctions is export set, should have warranty, i think

re radio, i don't know
my phone is just a phone
i use it for sms, calls and calender to remind myself about stuff, that's about it! =D

for phone w/o camera - how come nobody mentioned motorola W220? is it bad or nobody likes clamshell type? Its abt $150.

I bought nokia 1600 n its really basic of the basic - has a talking clock though...

w220, tried it out before
looks wise it's pretty great, can get $100 second hand actually still with warranty
the interface is laggy, even more so than l6 (used it before) or v3
and sms'ing is a pain in the butt, literally
another plus point is the mega battery life :>

Thanks, how is the earpiece? Is the sound quality good? And most importantly, is it hard to achieve a connection with the earpiece? I mean my old Nokia have to adjust here and there to get stereo sound. Most of the time, only 1 side got sound. Gave up! Thats why I'm a little concern about the earpiece. The radio function is quite impt! :bsmilie:

yahoo auctions is export set leh? No warranty. I hope mobilesquare got warranty.

behyx, sorry for hijacking ur thread but i'm looking for the same thing as u. :bsmilie:

i am using NK6030 black...look classy n radio is mono type but very clear...i hav rdrop test so many times but still working like nobody business.

cheapest way i think is free...

the best free way is to rob...

then the best free way to rob & get warranty is to rob a shop then take the company stamp and stamp the warranty card and then issue a receipt using their cash register... :thumbsup: ;p

cheapest way i think is free...

the best free way is to rob...

then the best free way to rob & get warranty is to rob a shop then take the company stamp and stamp the warranty card and then issue a receipt using their cash register... :thumbsup: ;p
hahaha

ya , who knows
maybe when you go to prison that time
they also let you use the phone !

Status
Not open for further replies.