Where to get bottle type silica gel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkk86

May 29, 2006
Seng Kang ::: Fernvale LAne
Actually i already read some thread regarding where to purchase the silica gel, but those threads seem to be quite long ago... go carefour find before, but dun have it... so anybody care to tell me[newbie] where to get bottle type for the silica gel? Thanks:)

hey, i got mine from K-13 marketing @ peninsula plaza

hugoleong said:
esier but a bit Exp. way ... go Harvey Norman Camera Counter ....

You are right about getting a dry cabinet, it may looks expensive now, but will far more cost econ and hassle free in long long run.

cost of a few bottle of silica gel, and spending time for "cooking" silica gel every now and maybe plus lens and camera cleaning cost if someone are lazy or forgot to mantain the silica gel.

compare to just buy a dry cabinet, the choice is clear.

gte from any photo shops. . . or see anyone on CS selling

I think even those shops that develop photo's oso got sell. At least, the one I go to. Maybe its not on the shelf, you can try asking.

Thanks for the informs!:) Actually PLan to get the dry cabinet.... but short of $$ currently.. so temp. using ziplock bag to keep my Canon S3 IS @ home.....gng to buy dry box n silica gel 1st.... hope tis is a idea?

lkk86 said:
Thanks for the informs!:) Actually PLan to get the dry cabinet.... but short of $$ currently.. so temp. using ziplock bag to keep my Canon S3 IS @ home.....gng to buy dry box n silica gel 1st.... hope tis is a idea?

i did like u at first...but damn lei chey. everytime the silica change color so fast keep changing. so in the end, bought a dry cab also haha.

For your information: Blue Silica Gel contains Cobalt Chloride for humidity indicator. Cobalt Chloride is known as carcinogen.

Regards,
Arto.

Status
Not open for further replies.