Where to get Books/Magazine on Modeling Poses?

tsumetiv

Jul 18, 2011
Westsider
I know this has been asked before, but I didn't not find anything conclusive from my search of this forum.

From my search I found out that the National Library books don't really suit our current generation of ladies, those classic pose is considered kind of "auntie" now. The books suggested by another user in this forum

黃天仁 - 美女攝影 秘訣大公開
ISBN: 9789866771989

鱼住诚一 - 美女写真摄影诀窍完全解说
ISBN: 9789571034539

doesn't seem to have a lot of poses, instead just focusing on the details.

But I would like is a book something like this
Does anyone know where can I find such books in any bookstores in Singapore?

Riceball, at Funan.

u can find alot on amazon... or even ebay.

try opentrolley (local book store) as well

alternatively if u want to look at fashion poses, u can also buy fashion magazines to refer to.

Thanks for the information Rashkae and sinned79, I will check out those book stores. :)

What I'm looking is something more casual, how to capture the model is the right posture and not make the shot turn out awkward.
Not really into those fashion magazine kind of look XD

the traditional books sellers have gone online as well and it is just few click to find those books. Try Kinokuniya and Popular.

What kind of photos are you taking?

If you want to take XMM shots, CS P&P got many examples..
If you want to take fashion shots, grab a few good fashion photographers, grab a few good fashion magazines, and study and think about what the poses accentuate, why they were chosen.

You don't necessarily need a Poses for Dummies style of book. :)

Thanks for all the information and tips everyone.

I would prefer to have a book, because it would be simpler to show the model onsite what I meant when I could not arrange her into a pose I have in mind.

Will check out those stores mentioned above, thanks! :D

I am reading up on posing now. Yes, the poses in the books from the library are indeed "out-dated" but fundamentals are still worth reading for. Details like how to pose hands and emphasize/de-emphasize body parts are still very applicable today. Beyond that then you need to go alternative sources to complement the fundamentals from books.

I have a palm sized poses book... it is a free gift when you buy this book:

20925210-1_b.jpg

Available in Popular.