Where to get an XD card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Gun

Aug 13, 2003
Visit site
Hi, I got the Olympus SP350 voucher from Starhub but I found the camera is using XD card which is exclusively used on Olympus DC.
Anyone knows whether an XD card is included in the package? How much for a 512MB/1GB XD card in Singapore? Where to buy it? Thanks!

Me got it at 56.90 (fujifilm 512Mb) from the recent PC show,normal prices about 20 more than that. Got to know from the thread, there some spec. on speed for xd card. Can someone, enlighten on that. Question with a better card speed, can it helps to shorten the lapse between shots ie after taking picture, must wait for standby mode, some time it can be very irritating b'cose want to take quick shot like moving object, etc. got to wait....
Cheers.

Yeah, I just bought at MS Color Two days ago.....

1 GB for $99
512 MB for $ 67

Recommended go for 1 GB due for bigger storage space & better price

its only $90 (w/o gst) at activefoto at sl.

The starhub people are also offering it at around that price. Ask when you redeem the camera.

Starhub cable TV promotion. I don't like the cam for the special XD card. Expensive and exclusive for Olympus/Fujifilm DC.

:D please enlighten what is H-type?

Thanks, does it means that recording to the flash card can be faster, thus standby mode between shots is shorter.
How to differentiate the normal and H-type for fujifilm xD card.

Got mine from MS color at AMK this week. 1 GB H Type, $90.

bernard said:
:D please enlighten what is H-type?

There're currently 2 type of xD cards...the type M or type H. The type H is the high-speed type, but costs abt 10-15% more than the type M, although I foresee this price premium will disappear when the type M is slowly phased out.

i just got my SP-350 digicam. bought the olympus H version 1GB at $90. read that only some digicam models can be used? :dunno: is there a difference using M or H?

Status
Not open for further replies.