Where to find value-for-money durians?

i was at Pulau Ubin 3 weeks ago.. lot of durian trees there.. and should be in season now. i also got a chance to taste it. not bad considering that it is free. :bsmilie:.

We usually frequent the store further up 'Punggol Nasi Lemak' along Serangoon Road at Kovan.. Don't know the name of the shop but it's beside the pet shop along the road..

You can eat and choose at the same time. Don't like, just try another one.

Tiong Baru MRT hdb block ..... veri good..... just confirmed last week.... D24 super creamy and bitter type at $5 for a whole durian

Which HDB block? Do you mind to share?

Thanks.

I consolidate some of our brothers' suggestions:

Toa Payoh Lor 8 market got a couple of stalls with quite good durain.

I rather go Balestier (in front of the Tua Pek Kong temple) or Chinatown (near CK departmental store) to buy. :D

Tiong Baru MRT hdb block ..... veri good..... just confirmed last week.... D24 super creamy and bitter type at $5 for a whole durian

go balestier. think the shop call air force durians. it's beside a temple along the main road

We usually frequent the store further up 'Punggol Nasi Lemak' along Serangoon Road at Kovan.. Don't know the name of the shop but it's beside the pet shop along the road..

You can eat and choose at the same time. Don't like, just try another one.

Anyone tried 717 Trading Durians? I have seen many people sitting down to eat at YCK Road.

Anyone tried 717 Trading Durians? I have seen many people sitting down to eat at YCK Road.

only tried the durian puffs, very gd :thumbsup:

hoh boh?:think:
jurong got any good one?

Combat is definitely one of the best, would not push you for a sale. He'll trash it if it's not up to par. High quality durians are on "sales on returnable", generic are bought on "stock lot" or "mao".
Another one is at Dempsey carpark, will charge you according to the car that you drive.
My favourite is still at Sims Ave, been there for so many years that I do not need to know the number or name of shop. Just call him "Siow-a", always good and cheap.

Like any business, you've to be a regular to be known and regarded. Durian sellers would always pass a fast one.

I buy my durians from the Durian Cafe:) Don't really know the street name of where it is located but it's somewhere near katong. I always go there to buy durians after eating laksa at katong:) I think if really want to know the address of this Durian Cafe, it can be easily found by just googling around:)

I Love Durians!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I consolidate some of our brothers' suggestions:

The durains are very good...provided that you are their regulars. For durian stores, or actually most business in general, they tend to keep the good stuff for their regulars. Our group will usually call before hand and ask if there are any good ones and they will give us a straight forward yes or no. They will also deliver if you order 5 boxes and above.
However, if you are a walk-ins...well, lets just say that they still need to pay their rents and overheads.;)
For 717, they won't chop your head like some stores in Geylang but like I said earlier, they tend to keep the best ones for their regulars or big shots(Once, we called and they said that there's good ones, but all reserved by some Hong Kong guy call Aaron Kwok).

For 717, they won't chop your head like some stores in Geylang but like I said earlier, they tend to keep the best ones for their regulars or big shots(Once, we called and they said that there's good ones, but all reserved by some Hong Kong guy call Aaron Kwok).

I heard Stanley Ho flew his private jet in from Macau to pick up Musang durians from 818 .... with 10 given to Li Ka Shing .......

Last edited: