where to find the cheapest phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acetylcholine

Jun 13, 2003
Visit site
looking for new hps to replace my aging and problematic 6510
i cant go M1 because the prices are exhorbitant and i cant trade in my phone ( little value)

maybe going 2nd shops but where can i find the cheapest new phones? (looking for either k700i or 6230) can sign plan because i am already in 19mths of contract

acetylcholine said:
looking for new hps to replace my aging and problematic 6510
i cant go M1 because the prices are exhorbitant and i cant trade in my phone ( little value)

maybe going 2nd shops but where can i find the cheapest new phones? (looking for either k700i or 6230) can sign plan because i am already in 19mths of contract

Other than the traditional sources, you can also try Hill Street Plaza. The shops will declare that they sell phones "for export only". They are exactly the same phones you get through the proper channels but with *zero* warranty. A friend manage to buy one at 40% off the retail price.

DoorKeeper said:
Other than the traditional sources, you can also try Hill Street Plaza. The shops will declare that they sell phones "for export only". They are exactly the same phones you get through the proper channels but with *zero* warranty. A friend manage to buy one at 40% off the retail price.
hmm do u have full address and contact number for this shop?
i doubt they have homepage bah? :bsmilie:

anyway i am only afraid their 'retail' price is 5times normal street price w/o plans..

at the same time i am also thinking of getting 2nd hand phones. i am worried abt the state, i mean errors and bugs that dont show up when testing at shop...

hey, i also wanna know the address of this shop, do they do trades?.. kekeke..

Wait . . . was it High Street Plaza or Hill Street Plaza now ? :dunno:

Not any particular shop. The whole building is full of these "export only" shops. You will see Indians, Russians tourists walking in and out of these stores.

The phones are brand new, not refurbished. They come in proper packaging etc etc. Except without warrantly as they are actually not allowed to sell these locally.

Another hint: When you shop there, do not dress too well or like some civil servant. Apparently these shop owners will not entertain you if you look too "official". :D

Interesting.
I am actually thinking of getting a spare phone.
Seems that I can get a colour phone at a much cheaper price than I thought. Time to start saving.

Quick. What's the address? :D

whoa... K700i !~!~ i wan la.. i give up nokia phones liao.. simply outta date... lol.... hahahahaha

i simply hate the software on the k700i ...sound produced when pics are taken

acetylcholine said:
i simply hate the software on the k700i ...sound produced when pics are taken

Very true indeed. That's the big problem I have noticed too :) Anyway to get rid of this ? :dunno:

ss18 said:
Very true indeed. That's the big problem I have noticed too :) Anyway to get rid of this ? :dunno:

hoho.. now the bad side of the phone starts coming... ... make my mind change... quick... hahaha... i have been brainwashed by Sony Erricson liox...

either u get the older version with older firmware or u sneeze real loud when taking pics

AdamGoi said:
You can give to me ... :bsmilie:

you can have mine....

the Motorolla one.. wan ?? the one which is white in colour and it has a capabilty that no phone in this world can haf.... :bsmilie:

and erm.. the market value for this phone is SGD$70...

Status
Not open for further replies.