Where to find stream for shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perry

Jul 7, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Hi all,

I am interested to shoot natural water stream in forest or open space, anyone know where can I find those in Singapore.

thanks.

how natural is natural
botanic gardens has a few water falls, if that's what you're talking about

also some streams
near the tanglin entrance

1148319079_56d863cb2e_o.jpg

looks like this, but this is pretty closeup

other than that i don't think i have quite seen anything like what you're talking about, longkangs are definitely out of the question i suppose

those canals can? plenty in clementi.

maybe something like this.

1416180174_84ee1a565c.jpg

Well, not in SG... the small streams you can find are normally heavily vegetated. You can probably find some near the catchment areas or forested areas.

I have seen something like this before in Mandai Catchment. Very dense vegetation, but somehow it opens up at the stream. But sandy bed, not rocky like in your pic.. like nothing I've ever seen in Singapore.

I can give you the MGR if you need, but takes 2 hours of bashing through Primary Vegetation SW of Nee Soon Live Firing Range to get there.

I can give you the MGR if you need, but takes 2 hours of bashing through Primary Vegetation SW of Nee Soon Live Firing Range to get there.

what happen if I got lost inside, how to send SOS out ha?

i scare scare leh!

Life Firing Range some more, later get shot.

actually there is one quite beautiful.

upper thomson rd, turn into the road that leads to upper pierce reservoir park. the road will go downhill then uphill. about 100-150m from the entrance that u turn in, there is a drain that leads down to the reservoir.

most of the time, u can see rushing water (although the pipe can be switch off at times).

anglers call it the NEW ZEALAND RIVER, although its illegal to fish there.

if you venture towards the HSBC treetop walk from the Venus Road entrance, you'll see several streams running alongside the path....maybe you give it a try....

Maybe you join one of those day trips to Kota Tinggi? It's only a couple of hours away in Johor and a relatively well-travelled area.

i went to the HSBC treetop today. along the way from venus dr, there is a stream. the only thing is the water level not high and the flow is very slow. did not take any photo but i would think that after a rain fall, the water level should be height and fast enough for nice photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.