Where to find Panasonic DMC LC-1 digital camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunbine

May 2, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Any kind souls who know where i could probably find one unit of Panasonic DMC LC-1 digital camera?

Or perhaps maybe even a 2nd hand piece will do too.

Thanks.
Derek

try Cathay Photo at Peninsula, a photo shop at Centre Point L3 (near escalater) may hav.

its a costly cam at tt price, specs not v impressive by today's standard oso. y so keen in tt particular model??:dunno:

Try ebay or Buy and Sell here...

You can post a WTB (Want To Buy) thread there, maybe you can get lucky. :)

Frankly i like the design and build of the camera. I have in fact tried the camera many moons ago but alas i chose D70 out of practicality.

Hence i'm revisiting the possibility of securing the LC-1 now. As a matter of fact, i dont mind even if the unit is second hand.

Thanks. Guess i have to pay them another visit to check it out. I went down today but they are closed today. Same with TCW :( I thought they are always open on weekends...

Cheers!

sometimes we do make a mistake on certain purchase. hope u find it somewhere, somehow. wen it comes 2 photography its more abt passion den practicalities!;p

Dunbine said:
Frankly i like the design and build of the camera. I have in fact tried the camera many moons ago but alas i chose D70 out of practicality.

Hence i'm revisiting the possibility of securing the LC-1 now. As a matter of fact, i dont mind even if the unit is second hand.

Thanks. Guess i have to pay them another visit to check it out. I went down today but they are closed today. Same with TCW :( I thought they are always open on weekends...

Cheers!

the 2nd hand show beside cathay photo is selling a second hand set at abt $1250, looks like new....u may wish to check it out. cheers.

There's no doubt abt the build quality of the LC1. Pure joy to use and feels like a real camera. Just wished the AF could be faster.

Thought i'll just share a photo taken with my LC1. In camera settings: iso100 contrast: low sharpness: standard saturation: high No photoshop editing except for resizing.

enjoy

p10400415ot.jpg

Thanks for the headsup fellas.

Btw Lim, nice pic you got there. What's the focal length that you used? and what's the estimated distance of you from the kid? I assume you are using 90mm with F2?

How much do you think a 2nd hand LC-1 is priced at nowadays?

Hi Dunbine, my friend has a piece of LC1 he wanted to sell, if u are interested, please pm me.

I have an LC1 too, it takes very good pictures. I hate the LCD viewfinder though bcos it is very difficult to see when it is dark.

Chris Ting said:
Hi Dunbine, my friend has a piece of LC1 he wanted to sell, if u are interested, please pm me.

I have an LC1 too, it takes very good pictures. I hate the LCD viewfinder though bcos it is very difficult to see when it is dark.

I read articles and comments and it seems the EVF is the flaw of the camera (albeit the high price). Any other comments pertaining the the camera from your POV? What's the biggest size photograph that you have developed using the camera's 5 megapixel capability?

Btw, i've PM you on your friend's LC-1.

Dunbine said:
Thanks for the headsup fellas.

Btw Lim, nice pic you got there. What's the focal length that you used? and what's the estimated distance of you from the kid? I assume you are using 90mm with F2?

How much do you think a 2nd hand LC-1 is priced at nowadays?

thanks. can't recall the distance. yeap it's 90mm f2.4 at a shutter of 1/250. i only did see a second hand going ard $1250............nobody really sells it tough in s'pore...again not many people would dare buy it due to the high price.

My biggest print made using the LC1 was during the hype ehibition a few months back. Printed up to 60 X 40 inches and i'm proud that the images did hold up to that size. German lenses really have a uniqnue look.

Dunbine...just something to share.

I have friends who mount Carl Zeiss 35mm lenses on their Canon 20D. The images really have a 3D like feel,it's just very difficult to describe the look. similar comparisons to Canon L lenses with Zeiss Optics, we felt photos taken with the Zeiss looks so much better and more natural.

So u may wish to try zeiss optics on ure D70. Requires a special adaptor tough. jUts search ard the net.

cheers:D

lim8395 said:
So u may wish to try zeiss optics on ure D70. Requires a special adaptor tough. jUts search ard the net.

no point as the D70 CANNOT meter thru' old manual lenses unlike Canon, Olympus and Pentax bodies.

lim8395 said:
My biggest print made using the LC1 was during the hype ehibition a few months back. Printed up to 60 X 40 inches and i'm proud that the images did hold up to that size. German lenses really have a uniqnue look.

Did you shoot the images in RAW or JPEG (Superfine) format? 60" x 40" would be roughly 5 feet x 3 1/2 feet...it's rather big. Thanks for the info dude.

lim8395 said:
Dunbine...just something to share.

I have friends who mount Carl Zeiss 35mm lenses on their Canon 20D. The images really have a 3D like feel,it's just very difficult to describe the look. similar comparisons to Canon L lenses with Zeiss Optics, we felt photos taken with the Zeiss looks so much better and more natural.

cheers:D

You're making me curious on how the pics look. Any online visual references to the 3D feel?

Dunbine said:
Did you shoot the images in RAW or JPEG (Superfine) format? 60" x 40" would be roughly 5 feet x 3 1/2 feet...it's rather big. Thanks for the info dude.

The images i sent were only jpeg, 1 is JPEG fine with some noise reduction using noise ninja and some photoshop levels correction, the other JPEG superfine without any correction. What i did was interpolate my images at +10% steps until i reach a print size of 60 X 40inches in photoshop. Prints were made using some gigantic HP digital printers.

Quite doubful myself if the images from the LC1 can hold up, but when i saw my photos at the hype gallery, i must say i was surprised by the prints.

But bear in mind LC1 jpeg images taken at iso200 or 400 can be a bit grainy. It's optimum picture quality is at iso100.

this is the one which was submitted a while bk to the hype gallery. it is shot jpeg fine 90mm f4 with some minor noise reduction and levels correction. 1 of my fav pics of all:)

tibetkidsfinalfiltered0of.jpg

awesome!!

lim8395 said:
this is the one which was submitted a while bk to the hype gallery. it is shot jpeg fine 90mm f4 with some minor noise reduction and levels correction. 1 of my fav pics of all:)

tibetkidsfinalfiltered0of.jpg

Nice picture you got there and i like the colors too! 2 thumbs up!

Status
Not open for further replies.