where to find love seeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mt faber

Tioman Islands @ Malaysia had many many for you to pick up:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Are they those little red seeds? I used to collect them at the top of Pepys Road, near Kent Ridge Park. You can find them in the park too.

does anyone know where i can find "siang si" seeds?

My daughter found some on the ground coming down Reflections at Bukit Chandu (the other end of the canopy walk at Kent Ridge Park), walking towards Pasir Panjang Road. I recall she also found some at Fort Canning, near the Spice Garden.

I think they're called saga seeds.

My daughter found some on the ground coming down Reflections at Bukit Chandu (the other end of the canopy walk at Kent Ridge Park), walking towards Pasir Panjang Road. I recall she also found some at Fort Canning, near the Spice Garden.

I think they're called saga seeds.
Actually saga seeds belong to another kind. Its also red, but its much smaller compared to the kind that TS is looking for, and one side of the seed there's a little black tinge. And according to Wikipedia, saga seeds are poisonous.

To TS - Believe it or not, actually some trees at my void deck drop the 'siang si' seeds that you are looking for. They are pretty small trees so I don't think you can pick a lot from it. But I always see older folks and secondary school kids picking seeds around the trees after a shower.

I'm staying at Serangoon North btw.

Cheers,
{mich} :)

Sembawang Park have alot..
Or, those old cottages near sembawang park, along the road side..
Too many to be missed..

oh those seeds ah... bukit chermin road has alot... near keppel club... my aunt used to pick them on her way home...
i wonder if they're edible though... :sweatsm:

Actually saga seeds belong to another kind. Its also red, but its much smaller compared to the kind that TS is looking for, and one side of the seed there's a little black tinge. And according to Wikipedia, saga seeds are poisonous.

To TS - Believe it or not, actually some trees at my void deck drop the 'siang si' seeds that you are looking for. They are pretty small trees so I don't think you can pick a lot from it. But I always see older folks and secondary school kids picking seeds around the trees after a shower.

Cheers,
the poisonous one is the rosary pea.

saga's diff

Love seeds...ahhh! I used to collect loads of them for a present for my gf in secondary school days. One good place to find them is the row of trees outside Alexandria Hospital, lotsa of them on the floor especially if the season is right.

Another place I heard from friends is the trees near clementi sports stadium.

Enjoy! But pls mind your back...

Cheers,

I used to stay in Serangoon North Ave 1 almost 10 years ago, Picked up a lot whilst walking along the carpark parallel to the old Peicai Sec Sch towards the bus stop at AMK ave 3. The trees are still there if im not wrong.

oh those seeds ah... bukit chermin road has alot... near keppel club... my aunt used to pick them on her way home...
i wonder if they're edible though... :sweatsm:

Can anyone here try it?

If we don't see you posting here any more after a month or two. We'll know the answer. :eek:

Can anyone here try it?

If we don't see you posting here any more after a month or two. We'll know the answer. :eek:

Always safer to learn from someone else :)

http://www.naturia.per.sg/buloh/plants/saga_tree.htm

Can be eaten if roasted.

Also this little tidbit : ...This suggests that in nature, they must be eaten and go through the digestive system of an animal before germination. So you know what to do if you want to plant one :bsmilie:

St Andrew's Cathedral, just been there yesterday :)

Status
Not open for further replies.