where to find lots of drangonflies and butterflies

Status
Not open for further replies.

aloyteo

Sep 14, 2005
aloyteo.multiply.com
where can i find lots of dragonflies and butterflies in singapore? sometimes i see lots of them flying above open fields but they never seem to perch? wat time are these insects least active so its easier to shoot them for macro? thanks.:)

i know tat most nature photographers work very early in the morning when the butterflies are resting. the zoo have some kinda nature walk where there are darn lotsa butterflies so much so tat they even land on you some times.

Butterflies - Fragile forest in Zoo, Insect park in Sentosa.

Dragonflies - any park with water (pond, lake)

thanks guys. i might try AH someday. didn't know that a hospital can be a haven for butterflies too...

from the macro section i can see that quite a number of shots were taken at sime forest, but where is it actually? thanks.

the early bird catches the drangonfly haha... i believe they are found near the ponds right? but which pond have them in the most abundance? is it the swan lake, symphony lake or the eco-garden lake

scandisk said:
yeah SBG, the section near the Minden entrance there lots of dragonflies and hoppers...

oh minden gate... i saw a marsh pond down there before, will go down there someday, thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.