Where to find great architecture in SG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamdam

Deregistered
Sep 2, 2006
Tampines
Hi Guys,

I am going around Singapore to take some architecture shots of buildings. Do you know of any unique buildings that's worth giving a shot?

Thanks!

Hihi, depend on what u define as unique in architecture:angel:...if u like those old buildings type, u can try chinatown, little india etc......churches, temples are also nice.....just my 2 cents worth:sweat::sweatsm:

Gateway (near bugis) is an interesting building. try it out.

to me i would suggest indoor architecture and you can approach hotels and ask if they allow u to shoot as per guest would have done. Indoor architecture will be very fun to shoot especially with ultra wide angles. just my little sharing part :D

Tiong Bahru SIT buildings would be a nice place to start for some art deco style buildings. China town for some shop house clutter. I think there are some buildings in Mt Sophia that is worth looking at too. The new La salle and toy museum in Bugis area are nice for its funky facades.

to me i would suggest indoor architecture and you can approach hotels and ask if they allow u to shoot as per guest would have done. Indoor architecture will be very fun to shoot especially with ultra wide angles. just my little sharing part :D

indoor can also try shooting changi T3 :)

If you want those typical postcard kind of buildings,(e.g.esplanade, fullerton etc etc) look for those tourist flyers or bookshops on photography in Singapore.

Jurong Town Hall. (the old one)

nice picture there!

Hi Guys,

I am going around Singapore to take some architecture shots of buildings. Do you know of any unique buildings that's worth giving a shot?

Thanks!

Every building is unique in its own right. You just have to train yourself to identify their qualities and find ways to photograph them. Look at what other people have been doing for reference.

open your eyes..

but that said, some of the more commonly taken shots of buildings are of the esplanade, city hall, chopsticks memorial (if you consider it a building), various churches in the cbd area. you can also try istana woodneuk if it is still available, la salle building looks good and interesting. and our national library at bugis.. the only thing is for the last one the security guards may hassle you if you are mr obvious. there's many more,of course

n observe for lines, symetrical lines of buildings as well.. Such lines of the buildings are pleasing to look @ as well.. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.