Where to find black Imation CDRs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vii_haven

Dec 12, 2004
this is a lil random, but i need to get some black CDRs, preferably by imation. Anyone knows where i can get them? i've went through funan centre and simlim square but can't seem to find a shop that has those anymore. any help?

Can tompang yr thread and ask something ? Is the black coated disc better and more long lasting ?

black coated is scratch resistant (not scratch proof). ive used it for music and data and it's good for both purposes. :) i think u can try ATF at simlim or 6th floor...theres one shop.. Z-something...cant remember.

vii_haven said:
this is a lil random, but i need to get some black CDRs, preferably by imation. Anyone knows where i can get them? i've went through funan centre and simlim square but can't seem to find a shop that has those anymore. any help?

Popular book stores carry them:) You into hifi?

nope. just a helping a friend look for them. useed to be everywhere a while ago. but i can't seem to find any now. i just walked thru almost every single shop in simlim today, but none of them have the black cdrs. urgh. shall try popular tmr i guess.

not sure if black imations are still around, i do see some black benq at several stores at sim lim..

stores that you can try while at sim lim..
Chamoxa and Z-Nix (both level 6) - 1 of most competitive around
ATF (level 4 and 5) - not exactly the cheapest of prices
Kao Yap (level 3) and The Disc Shop (think is level 4)

as for lasting, you might want to try Mitsubishi's Black Azo dyes.. about 2x the normal price of CDRs though :(

CD Rama should have those.

thanks for all your help.

after looking thru almost all the recommended shops above and the other shops at simlim, my conclusion is that the only only place in simlim with the totally black cdrs is on the top floor and the brand is smart buy. with the ugly logos on the cdrs that spoil the beauty of the black cdrs. i settled for cdrs with a plain black coating on the label side. =)

I've seen the black 'record' like CRRs at CD Rama. Since the blank CD supplies don't exactly move very fast at CD Rama, some outlets shold still have them. Just phone ahead to check. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.