Where to find 8X12" paper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

di0nysus

Jul 15, 2003
m
Visit site
Seems like a rare commodity? heard that roll paper would be possible? i've no experience in roll paper, how to cut to ensure exact sizes?

Use a paper cutter?

00.06.00507.jpg

I've given up looking for 8x12 paper. Just print on A4.

Regards
CK

Buy A3+ paper then cut it equally half, you have 8 X 12.

tim said:
Buy A3+ paper then cut it equally half, you have 8 X 12.
Technically, you get 13x9.5 as A3+ is 13x19

For cut sheet printing, there is no 8x12 exactly sized paper that I can find. They are either ISO A sizes *(A4 at 8.27x11.69 the closest) or letter size in US giving you 8.5x11 which is even farther off.

Frankly, just use A4; it is close enough to 8x12 not to matter.

yeah.am just concerned when i print A4, trim it and flush mount onto a 8X12" album, there'll be 3/16" on each side (landscape).

any tips to take care of my R800? there seem to be nozzle checks, heading cleaning blah blah.. etc

di0nysus said:
yeah.am just concerned when i print A4, trim it and flush mount onto a 8X12" album, there'll be 3/16" on each side (landscape).

any tips to take care of my R800? there seem to be nozzle checks, heading cleaning blah blah.. etc
IMO, you are better off trimming the 8 X 12 print on the 13 X 9.5 from A3+ if you really want that size (8 X 12). Otherwise A4 is as good.

Hey ckiang, what's your impressions of this? I invested in this cutter too but i still find it difficult to cut exactly (< 1mm) and sometimes there is a very thin white line.

ckiang said:
Use a paper cutter?

00.06.00507.jpg

I've given up looking for 8x12 paper. Just print on A4.

Regards
CK

di0nysus said:

Ha ha, no actions so far :D The nozzle check and head cleaning will take place if you don't print for > 7 days. So I try to print at least a 4R every week...

tim said:
IMO, you are better off trimming the 8 X 12 print on the 13 X 9.5 from A3+ if you really want that size (8 X 12). Otherwise A4 is as good.
Yep. Agree. I don't want to cut up and trim off paper unless I have to (too leh chey :p ). A4, to me, is close enough.

Java_Guru said:
Hey ckiang, what's your impressions of this? I invested in this cutter too but i still find it difficult to cut exactly (< 1mm) and sometimes there is a very thin white line.
I have the older version, not as nice looking. It is indeed not very good for precision cutting of 1mm or so. I think for that purpose, a more expensive/higher end one will be required. So, get the first cut right. :)

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.