Where to develop reala and portra UC films?

Status
Not open for further replies.

code

Jan 9, 2005
Just came back from a trip. Have a number of reala and portra UC films to develop together with some normal superia 400 films. Should I send them to just one shop to develop? I have tried Grace Digital before for my superias and was quite pleased with their service. I guess GD should be good enough right?

TIA for any advice.

code said:
Just came back from a trip. Have a number of reala and portra UC films to develop together with some normal superia 400 films. Should I send them to just one shop to develop? I have tried Grace Digital before for my superias and was quite pleased with their service. I guess GD should be good enough right?

TIA for any advice.

I have not tried Grace Digital before... but i always send them in for developing like normal C41 films and have no bad experiences so far. But do remember to tell them if you do not want any correction to be done to the prints. I get a warm colour cast under bright sunlight for the portra and brilliant reds for reala on fuji paper without correction.

It's up to you. :D

yellow_kiwi said:
But do remember to tell them if you do not want any correction to be done to the prints. I get a warm colour cast under bright sunlight for the portra and brilliant reds for reala on fuji paper without correction.

It's up to you. :D

thanks

That's for the prints only right? As for developing, is there any need to leave such "special" instruction?

Yup, that's for the prints. Developing wise, it's just the normal C-41 process.

Another good place to print reala is Konota at Pen Plaza... I used to go there very often to print my reala... you will fall in love with the colours.

code said:

TIA for any advice.

hmmmm .... do you prefer a digital laser printout or a more traditional lens optical printout?

nemesis32 said:
Another good place to print reala is Konota at Pen Plaza... I used to go there very often to print my reala... you will fall in love with the colours.

Can't agree more!!! Konota is great!!! :thumbsup:

blurblock said:
hmmmm .... do you prefer a digital laser printout or a more traditional lens optical printout?

Any difference in price and/or quality? I am thinking of developing and scanning first before selecting the photos for printing. Grace Digital is able to do this affordably at $5.50 per roll (develop + scan).

XXX Boy said:
Can't agree more!!! Konota is great!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks though I have heard mixed reviews abt Konota... anyway, what are the charges?

code said:
Any difference in price and/or quality? I am thinking of developing and scanning first before selecting the photos for printing. Grace Digital is able to do this affordably at $5.50 per roll (develop + scan).
In this case, you might as well get them done in a digital laser print machine like Fuji Frontier. Btw, where do you stay I tot KT in China Town is quite near to your work place (provided u r still working there. :p)

Anyway, it is just normal C41 processing.

Konota gives nice prints i should say... though there was once when they corrected my 8R reala flower print and the colour wasn't the way i want it to be. my fault actually, for forgetting to tell them not to correct my prints.

went back to good old KT where they already know that i don't like corrections to be made. collected my prints and went home a happy man.

KT gives free 1X S8R for every roll developed and printed. u might want to try them if u want to print everything right from the start. add another S$3.50 for scanning @ 1600X1200 pix which is good enough for web. but i should say that there're better scanning services available elsewhere.

otherwise, i think it's a good choice to have them processed and scanned at GD as u had stated and then print at the more reputable shops mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.