I need some RMB for my China trip,
I used to change foreign currency @ Bugis Junction,
but that foreign exchange now in renovation :embrass:
any good lobang to share ?

I need some RMB for my China trip,
I used to change foreign currency @ Bugis Junction,
but that foreign exchange now in renovation :embrass:
any good lobang to share ?

You can change it from most money changers. Don't worry to much about the rate unless you are changing really big amount. i have a friend who goes about town looking for the 'best rates' trying to save 5 cents. He doesn't realise that the mrt/bus fare he incurs is more than that.

try airport after you check in, BTW 24 hrs and rates there are better than in town. Beware many fake RMB, safer to change in Airport

You can change it from most money changers. Don't worry to much about the rate unless you are changing really big amount. i have a friend who goes about town looking for the 'best rates' trying to save 5 cents. He doesn't realise that the mrt/bus fare he incurs is more than that.

hmm, sometimes it does make different....
I used to change some NZD around People Park Complex (or Center?),
there's lots of foreign exchange around that area.
I think since it's so competitive, rate must be better than FE at other area.
So I just compare exchange rate in between these FE, and choose the best one...
Later I realise that FE at Bugis Junction's just simply got better rate :cry:

try airport after you check in, BTW 24 hrs and rates there are better than in town. Beware many fake RMB, safer to change in Airport

Correct me if I'm wrong :)
From my understanding, normally FE at town got better rate than FE at airport,
not only in Singapore, also apply to other cities....

Correct me if I'm wrong :)
From my understanding, normally FE at town got better rate than FE at airport,
not only in Singapore, also apply to other cities....

You are right. The rates in the Airport are usually less favourable. If I need to change foreign currency after the normal opening hours of the money changes, I head for Mustafa...

You can try the money changes in Orchard Road, Tanglin, China town etc, but remember to compare the rates. It may vary quite a bit.

actually the bunch of money changers all over peninsula have quite competitive rates.

Thanks for all bro who share their opinion here :)

Try Change Alley, second floor, some of them published the rates on the LED board, so you have a rought guide who is offering what :thumbsup:

Wow...didn't know that change alley is so long....Usually I do it at the main building...the one next to Clifford Center...closer to Raffles Place MRT.....

operating hour...I usually do it during lunch time....to play safe...you can try between 10am to5pm :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.