Where to catch some F1 action for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManWearPants

Jul 14, 2008
Singapore
I am not an F1 fan but since it has been 5/6 years since Singapore hosted it, I thought maybe I just want to see like 15 minutes of the action. Is there any free spot in Singapore where you can catch glimpses and hear the sound of what F1 is about?

Watch on TV better lah...

If you want to hear, just get in 3km of the race tracks... you will be able to hear them quite loudly... LOL

Any place that will offer a free glimpse and has not been blocked off will be flooded by freeloaders already.

Marina square food court at level 3

At Marina Sq (Access via City Link Mall), go out to the open space near Mcdonalds, this is closest to the track. There are also some spiral staircases outside Marina Sq building facing the Esplanade, used to see people watching from there too.

If can get access to some skyscrapers near the race track would be great.

i'll be there. i've been at F1 for 6 years :)

We know that already :bsmilie:

451722.jpg

I watched the crowning of the race queens yesterday... The fugliest one in the whole lineup won. Even she was surprised. Short, flat like changi runway, with a jaw like Sylvester Stallone.

kei-chan may stand a chance?

I am not an F1 fan but since it has been 5/6 years since Singapore hosted it, I thought maybe I just want to see like 15 minutes of the action. Is there any free spot in Singapore where you can catch glimpses and hear the sound of what F1 is about?

i went in 2009, got paid a decent take home, and had track marshal access. meaning i get to stand just behind those track fences.

i was doing engineering at a sub con . Formula 1 is not interesting.

sure 12000 rpm sounds so exciting first time but after 2 hours, the noise just gets in the way of our radio coms.

i walked around the whole track throughout all 3 days. the freebie zone is at Empress Place near the S bends. bring your ladder.

i went in 2009, got paid a decent take home, and had track marshal access. meaning i get to stand just behind those track fences.

i was doing engineering at a sub con . Formula 1 is not interesting.
sure 12000 rpm sounds so exciting first time but after 2 hours, the noise just gets in the way of our radio coms.

i walked around the whole track throughout all 3 days. the freebie zone is at Empress Place near the S bends. bring your ladder.

You are right. I managed to catch some track action in some areas in Marina Square. It was all exciting for 5 minutes. After that, the noise is more of a nuisance.

I am happy with the 5 minutes of experience though. Now I can watch F1 on TV and know what it is like live.

Ya.. am disappointed by the authorities on blocking up views.. why can't they open up and let the whole nation enjoy??!!.
1. Tickets will still be sold out. Imho.
2. So much inconvenience on road closures, jams
3. Can u imagine the party mood with confetti celebration up on the expressways..
4. $$ should not go towards some pte ltd, whilst locking out tax payers
Photo opportunity.. hahaa

Last edited:
To me, F1 is the first & last time experience. Smokey, noisy, humid and warm. Subsequent times, pay me I also don't wanna go.

Ya.. am disappointed by the authorities on blocking up views.. why can't they open up and let the whole nation enjoy??!!.
1. Tickets will still be sold out. Imho.
2. So much inconvenience on road closures, jams
3. Can u imagine the party mood with confetti celebration up on the expressways..
4. $$ should not go towards some pte ltd, whilst locking out tax payers
Photo opportunity.. hahaa

ok tell me where's the logic if everyone can sit outside the fence and watch, and people will still spend to go in?

where's the exclusivity, and where's the hype?

where do you think they get the money do bring in foreign acts, pay for the developments and the rest? from the people who'll sit outside and watch?

The real Angels are Paramedic and nursing volunteers that work behind the scene during the races.

1238303_10151891165983556_453711973_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.