Where to buy tripod quick release plate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuyongzheng

Dec 28, 2007
Hi. I happen to get a tripod with the quick release plate missing. Is it possible to buy a compatible plate? Could you suggest me some places for it? Thanks.

tripodqrpkt8.jpg

You must have bought second hand? Get it from the seller!

only have seen the major tripod brands carrying replacement plates, like Manfrotto etc..

You must have bought second hand? Get it from the seller!

Actually my friend left it over. I'm thinking whether I can make use of it. It's a cheap one. Just $35.

looks like u'll need a whole new tripod now... :sweat:

Actually my friend left it over. I'm thinking whether I can make use of it. It's a cheap one. Just $35.

Replacement plates are not hard to find if you are talking about one of those established branded and for tripods or tripod headset that goes for at least 150-200..or alot more. But when you are looking at all those plastic oem type like the one you shot or in the price range like $35. You are really out of luck. A spare plate already will set you back that amount if not alot more for brands like manfrotto..eg.

All those cheap oem brands usually see no business to sell spares for those cheap tripods. You need to be looking at getting a new tripod.

sad to say, you just picked up a pretty heavy paperweight from your friend.

Thanks everyone. I think I will get a new & better tripod.

you can also try some of the second hand shops. they may have a compatible piece lying around waiting to be sold for a premium.

Hi,

1st time posting.

Any ideas where to find those shops that sells the plates? What are the price difference between a brand new one and a 2nd hand one? My kids were messing with it and now it appeared to have vanished into thin air.

Mine is a Manfrotto 486 RC2 head and I really do not want to spend more money un-necessarily.

Thanks.

Mine is a Manfrotto 486 RC2 head and I really do not want to spend more money un-necessarily.

Hi, tissue. Welcome to CS.

There's a list of recommended stores - call them up and ask for the 3157N or 200PL-14 (Manfrotto renamed the part recently). It's very common. Over here it's around US$10, might be a little more in Singapore.

BTW just to clarify, you lost the plate, right?

If you want the architecture plate, look for 3157NR. There's a lip to make sure it is aligned correctly on your camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.