Where to buy the metal LCD hood for D70?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnipihz

Oct 5, 2002
any idea where can this hood be bought?

hood.jpg

I think I've seen it at TCW a few months back, not really metal, think it's plastic, anyway, it was affixed on a D100's LCD. Not too sure if they still have it there.

Wanted to find out too ... anybody tried CP or the usual shops?

This item is not in the Nokia catalogue either.

No wonder it's not in the catalogue. :confused:

:bsmilie:

Asked them, and they told me that the metal hoods didn't come it, so have to substitute with the plastic ones. :bsmilie:

Anyway, seems like a waste of $108 for the flimsy plastic thing.. rather buy 4 pieces of BM-4 LCD covers for that price from Nikon Sg :sweat:

Also, its not on the catalogue because its not an official Nikon product, but a 3rd party one

Yeah.i was at Comex and the price tag on that plastic cover is $108.00. Looks cool but just that everytime u need to proview your photos,have to flip it open and close it if you want to continue shooting. Just my 2 cents worth.... :eek:

have to open & close? den i might as well buy a daproduct protector even better... continuous protection for the lcd...

anyway i just damn curious about it after reading the pamplets... any pics?

Think of it as a cover, one that needs to open up when you review your shots, change menu settings etc.

Only plus point I see in this protector as mentioned to nw75 is that under bright sunlight, it cuts off the excess light so that you can see the LCD clearly.

The minus point however, is that it obstructs your eye to the VF and you must close it prior to shooting, bad for chimpers :)

Gymrat76 said:
Asked them, and they told me that the metal hoods didn't come it, so have to substitute with the plastic ones. :bsmilie:
Why am I not suprised? The ones I previously saw at TCW was also plastic, perhaps it's a marketing gimmick :dunno:

Anyway, perhaps later I'll drop by Lords and see if Lords has it, can take some shots of it and post it :)

Gymrat76 said:

Anyway, seems like a waste of $108 for the flimsy plastic thing.. rather buy 4 pieces of BM-4 LCD covers for that price from Nikon Sg :sweat:

Also, its not on the catalogue because its not an official Nikon product, but a 3rd party one

for 108 dollars you can get 9 BM-4's.. hehe.. BM-4 from Nikon only 12.00

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
have to open & close? den i might as well buy a daproduct protector even better... continuous protection for the lcd...

anyway i just damn curious about it after reading the pamplets... any pics?

daprotector for the D70 doesn't cover the entire surface of the LCD, right? i cut up a PDA protector to the exact shape and size, then keep the BM-4 on. Cheap, effective solution.

saw the 'lid' thing at comex. looks cool only lah, useability, as acidbyte and espn have pointed out, is another story. i reckon most people who get it 'free' at the show will probably end up not using or discarding it.

gadrian said:

:bigeyes: Last time I was at Nikon, someone bought the BM-4 and Nikon Sg charged him $25...

gadrian said:

Sorry.. need to clarify.. it is 12 at CP. Nikon sales will sell you at premium price.

I got mine from CP at 12.

acroamatic said:
daprotector for the D70 doesn't cover the entire surface of the LCD, right? i cut up a PDA protector to the exact shape and size, then keep the BM-4 on. Cheap, effective solution.

saw the 'lid' thing at comex. looks cool only lah, useability, as acidbyte and espn have pointed out, is another story. i reckon most people who get it 'free' at the show will probably end up not using or discarding it.

I tried the one for the D100 for a couple of hours. And found it slows down my process of reviewing on the LCD. Have to pop the cover up.. then view.. and then when want to recompose and fire need to close down.. else the hood will slam into you face..

No something really that great. TCW was selling the hood for the D100 @ 50.00. So I think @ 108.. really cut throat.

Also the hood for the D100 is nicer.. the Nikon D100 wordings are impressed on the hood and in black.. the D70 is in silver.. yucks!! can be distracting..

Status
Not open for further replies.