where to buy stamp albums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanie

May 19, 2005
My dad handed me a huge collection of stamps.
and the albums are pretty old and overgrown by mould/fungus.
i was thinking of transferring these stamps to new albums but i have no idea where to buy these albums.

i've tried popular bookstore and bras basah but to no avail.

can anyone help please?
TIA

what kind of stamps are we talking abt? if is collectible, u need to invest on special sulfur free holders. i buy them from bras basah and golden mile..if is those used stamps and no value kind...i will just go popular and buy those el cheapo holder. these stamps cannot keep with sulfur containing backing. and i never use my hand to touch them(oily). use tweezer. u may have some treasure in them. haha.. i saw a friend's pass on collection...there was a set of highly valuable ''Mei Lan Fang''...very well maintain and easily worth more than 5-6k at that time..

what kind of stamps are we talking abt? if is collectible, u need to invest on special sulfur free holders. i buy them from bras basah and golden mile..if is those used stamps and no value kind...i will just go popular and buy those el cheapo holder. these stamps cannot keep with sulfur containing backing. and i never use my hand to touch them(oily). use tweezer. u may have some treasure in them. haha.. i saw a friend's pass on collection...there was a set of highly valuable ''Mei Lan Fang''...very well maintain and easily worth more than 5-6k at that time..

i'm talking about rare stamps, some even dates back to 1920-30s thereabouts.

some of first day covers.

i definitely dont mind buying those sulphur free ones.

could you kindly pass me your contact in bras basah and golden mile?

and approximate cost per album.

thanks so much

hmm contacts ah, bras basah u try level 2 or 3 is raya sthg(i can't remember full name),golden mile complex u go basement. I don't remember names. I bought in bulk long ago so i can't quote u sorry. First day cover very hard to maintain.envelope damage value drop.if u have those china communist era like the wen, te, numbers,T,J series.singapore mostly keep china hk taiwan.very few on colonial stuffs.i have some special edition silver certificate i pay a couple hundred to get 10yrs ago now quite ex in states i think but no market here.

u basically huat liao...i can't afford them anymore.those i can afford i buy.those i can't i can't.too ex.don't touch with hand most impt.it is more tedious than maintaining lens.

hmm contacts ah, bras basah u try level 2 or 3 is raya sthg(i can't remember full name),golden mile complex u go basement. I don't remember names. I bought in bulk long ago so i can't quote u sorry. First day cover very hard to maintain.envelope damage value drop.if u have those china communist era like the wen, te, numbers,T,J series.singapore mostly keep china hk taiwan.very few on colonial stuffs.i have some special edition silver certificate i pay a couple hundred to get 10yrs ago now quite ex in states i think but no market here.

u basically huat liao...i can't afford them anymore.those i can afford i buy.those i can't i can't.too ex.don't touch with hand most impt.it is more tedious than maintaining lens.

thanks very very much imac.

i dont intend to sell these stamps cos it's my dad's lifelong collection, i just want to keep them properly.i even bought a dricabi 400 liters one just to accomodate them.
i am very sure i saw colonial ones inside, as well as china and malaysia ones.
some even has newspaper cuttings that shows the stamp is rare.
i know i have gold on hand, but it's just that i am not a collector myself.

yes pls.dry cab is nothing compare to the value.i love to look at them.it is apiece of art combine with history. Maybe u can dig infor abt them to make yourself more keen and appreciate them.i know china's better.if u need help with china stamp,i can help with my limited knowledge.u see those communist era the stamp are mostly red and a lot of propaganda.very interesting...last time some costs over 10k for complete set.now i don't know.u shld ask the shop keeper how to protect them better.as paper can crack too. use special tweezer to hold this babies...

Status
Not open for further replies.