Where to buy Salt baked chicken ()?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
long long time never eat Salt baked chicken (鹽焗雞), used to sell everywhere, now want to ta pau for my family, notice that almost can't find anyone selling....

after googling and googling, seem that the coffee shop @ McPherson Road near Jackson Center is still selling, can anyone confirm this? don't want to waste a trip there for nothing.

thank you. :)

There is one at East Coast opposite Katong Mall.

There's one famous locale near Kaki Bukit Driving Centre. Most of the eateries selling this got their's from them. I can't remember exactly the street, but it's very prominent along the industrial estate. Ask anyone working there and they'll point you the place.

long long time never eat Salt baked chicken (鹽焗雞), used to sell everywhere, now want to ta pau for my family, notice that almost can't find anyone selling....

after googling and googling, seem that the coffee shop @ McPherson Road near Jackson Center is still selling, can anyone confirm this? don't want to waste a trip there for nothing.

thank you. :)

the one you are refering to has also the tian wai tian fish head steamboat is it?

if that's the one then it's still there according to 1 month ago when i went there to buy the chicken

Damn.. After seeing this thread, now I got a sudden craving for it.. ;p

the one you are refering to has also the tian wai tian fish head steamboat is it?

if that's the one then it's still there according to 1 month ago when i went there to buy the chicken

Yes, confirm this on is still there. I pass by it today (in fact everyday) :)

I recall they now appear in 'road shows' as well (ie. those temporary booths in shopping malls), but don't recall where.

oMg...whats tt?
I have never hear before......:eek:

ha...ooh yiah bo ...never heard of salt baked chicken in Sing.

http://eatbma.blogspot.com/2007/10/chakeys-salt-baked-chicken-from-tangs.html

there used to be a coffeeshop along upper cross street that sells that too.

In JB there is also a place where they sell it...on one side of the Sentosa Complex...aka Lian Hoe Complex.

(edit- image removed....don't want to clog up the forum for too long)

Last edited:
ha...ooh yiah bo ...never heard of salt baked chicken in Sing.

http://eatbma.blogspot.com/2007/10/chakeys-salt-baked-chicken-from-tangs.html

there used to be a coffeeshop along upper cross street that sells that too.

In JB there is also a place where they sell it...on one side of the Sentosa Complex...aka Lian Hoe Complex.

are u referring to rasa sentosa? if tht's the one then it's one happening chicken

There is a stall at Bishan Junction 8 basement selling salt baked chicken. the stall is also selling rice dumplings.

i think the coffeeshop next to the serangoon broadway place have it

i mean the serangoon broadway photography studio ..

I've....

no idea what that is. :bsmilie:

I was at Tian Wai Tian last week, that stall was still there.

Alternatively, there is one along clementi road near sunset way:)

Last edited:
Thanks to all for the directions, manage to buy some chickens for my family tonight.

the CHAKEY SALTED BAKED CHICKEN is selling at the coffee shop along Serangoon Road next to Serangoon Broadway Photography Studio and also at East Coast Road.

there is another salt baked chicken stall inside a coffee shop at Alkaff Ave (around McPherson Road near Jackson Center), but the stall is close when I was there.

didn't get to go until Clementi to buy chickens, that is really out of the way liao.

thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.