where to buy "ready-made" warship plastic models ?

raincool2005

Sep 10, 2005
Raffles Place
hi, does anyone knows where in Singapore got sell "ready-made" warship plastic models ?

hi, does anyone knows where in Singapore got sell "ready-made" warship plastic models ?

Tamiya releases a few of their model kits, built and painted... check with Tamiya's distributor in Singapore, or head to Tiong Bahru plaza's hobby store on the 5th floor - the owner is a warship fan... But most of the pre-built/painted warships are in 1/700 scale... and not super detailed to the max...

You can get one on ebay or go get one commissioned by asking in a model shop.

What scale? Which era?

The game Axis & Allies: War at Sea has pre-painted miniatures of WW2 ships but they are 1/1800 scale. Details aren't that fantastic but servicable. What do you need them for?

Ah yes, now I noticed that they did release some 1/350 pre-built and painted models:

http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/masterwork/masterwork_ship001.htm

I've seen their 1/700 waterline series up close, pretty basic right out of the box and neatly painted. The 1/700 series a lot more difficult to detail up due to the smaller scale... You'll need to squint your eyes (close the aperture that is.. :bsmilie:) when you build them..

I didn't pay much attention to their pre-built series, coz I'm mainly the do-it-yourself modeller.