where to buy RC toys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

htthach

Feb 26, 2006
dover
Where do u guys buy RC toy in Singapore? :think:
I'm using a TB-02 drift car. I want to take a look at local shops.
Do many bro here play RC car? where do you usually play? can i come and watch? :lovegrin:

Where do u guys buy RC toy in Singapore? :think:
I'm using a TB-02 drift car. I want to take a look at local shops.
Do many bro here play RC car? where do you usually play? can i come and watch? :lovegrin:

You can visit Tai Sing Corporation (Pte) Ltd at North Bridge Road (next to Sultan Mosque). They carry both battery and gasoline powered RC drift cars.

I used to play during my secondary and JC years, but have long retired from the RC scene. My last car was a Schumacher.

A good place to start is Hobby Link at Far East Plaza.
The owner Sam Cheng races & wins a lot. He's a nice guy & being very hands on, is able to give sound advise. http://www.hobbylink.com.sg/

Tai Sing is a good place too. Used to frequent that place almost every weekday afternoon to test out RC car modifications during my secondary school days (many many years ago)

You can visit Tai Sing Corporation (Pte) Ltd at North Bridge Road (next to Sultan Mosque). They carry both battery and gasoline powered RC drift cars.

I used to play during my secondary and JC years, but have long retired from the RC scene. My last car was a Schumacher.

schumacher cat ? haha i use to play yokomo quit RC almost 18years :)

The owner Sam Cheng races & wins a lot.

Ever since I retired 17 years ago, Sam had been winning races. Otherwise he has no chance against me..... ;)

Not really lah, Sam is good especially in on-road racing. I was a off-road racer.

Last edited:
Sam Cheng, Don Chng and Ronnie Ang used to be my arch rivals in the RC arena. Ever since I retired 17 years ago, Sam had been winning races. Otherwise he has no chance against me. ;)

sam ? haha i know him , if i nv rmb wrongly he use to own a shop in far east plaza for RC stuff , that guy i use to siam him during race coz he die die sure in A main , so i go B main for top 3 :bsmilie:

Last edited:
A good place to start is Hobby Link at Far East Plaza.
The owner Sam Cheng races & wins a lot. He's a nice guy & being very hands on, is able to give sound advise. http://www.hobbylink.com.sg/

Tai Sing is a good place too. Used to frequent that place almost every weekday afternoon to test out RC car modifications during my secondary school days (many many years ago)

Tai sing use to be the agent of a brand call AYK , but later dunno why ayk closedown , so i switch to yokomo dog fighter / work91 for 4wd buggy and RC10 for my 2wd buggy :)

sam ? haha i know him , if i nv rmb wrongly he use to own a shop in far east plaza for RC stuff , that guy i use to siam him during race coz he die die sure in A main , so i go B main to for top 3 :bsmilie:

Sam is a tough fighter in A-Main.

During the late 80s, he had a shop at Far East Shopping Centre, and now at Far East Plaza.

Tai sing use to be the agent of a brand call AYK , but later dunno why ayk closedown , so i switch to yokomo dog fighter / work91 for 4wd buggy and RC10 for my 2wd buggy :)

My 2WD was a Kyosho Ultima with Trinity Monster motor.

By the way, I was with Team Trinity last time.

My 2WD was a Kyosho Ultima with Trinity Monster motor.

By the way, I was with Team Trinity last time.

kyosho ultima is a short wheel base 2wd , in the ultima series there are 1 or 2 other ultima something with a longer wheel base right , i love kyosho buggy like optima series and use to own 1 but during those days it not as tough as yokomo on build alot of parts very ez to break esp in AMK off road track in another hand cats work well due to the rubber band thingy i think it call crash back system or something :)

kyosho ultima is a short wheel base 2wd , in the ultima series there are 1 or 2 other ultima something with a longer wheel base right , i love kyosho buggy like optima series and use to own 1 but during those days it not as tough as yokomo on build alot of parts very ez to break esp in AMK off road track in another hand cats work well due to the rubber band thingy i think it call crash back system or something :)

Mine was modified with long wheel base using Trinity carbon-fiber/composite chassis.

That's why I switched from an Kyosho Optima Mid (long wheel base) to a Schumacher Cat XL.

I live in Ang Mo Kio, so I used to play at the off-road track there very often.

Last edited:
Mine was modified with long wheel base using Trinity carbon-fiber/composite chassis.

That's why I switched from an Kyosho Optima Mid (long wheel base) to a Schumacher Cat.

I live in Ang Mo Kio, so I used to play at the off-road track there very often.

than i think maybe we r there together b4 just that dunno each other :)

amk got track meh? where is it?

Behind the present Kebun Baru-Ang Mo Kio Town Council at Ave 4.

Last edited:
than i think maybe we r there together b4 just that dunno each other :)

Then, I was in my 20s and raced with a Schumacher Cat and a KO Propo EX-1 pistol-type controller.

Last edited:
Then, I was in my 20s and raced with a Schumacher Cat and a KO Propo EX-1 pistol-type controller.

that time i was ard 17yearold race with my yokomo work 91 fully mod and a ko propo ex-1 evolution pistol- type controller , my fav motor was Reedy series .

Last edited:
that time i was ard 17yearold race with my yokomo work 91 fully mod and a ko propo ex-1 evolution pistol- type controller :)

Oh... Were you that young punk who had a mid-air collision with a Tamiya, I think it was a Boomerang or Big Wig?

haha i did dum into a boomerang b4 , but not sure it was me or not that u r saiding :bsmilie:

Anyway, it was a well-known accident then in AMK. The Boomerang was crippled after that. The owner upgraded to a Team Associated RC10 after that.

Very long history liao..... :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.