Status
Not open for further replies.

mydreamcamera

Dec 12, 2007
Hiya,
going to singapore to buy
1.AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D - A$165
2.Speedlight SB-600 - A$279

Attach is the price in Aussie dollar, any recommendation where i can get it for cheaper price, so that i dont need to run around searching.

Thank you pple!

Hi

You can try going through our Nikon pricelist to see if the price is right.

Nikon Price Guide

There is a list of shops in the thread. You can always give them a call or drop by their shops to get the latest price.

Do note that some of the items which are cheaper may be grey / parallel imports and will not carry the Nikon warranty. It is important to ask before purchase to avoid any misunderstandings and unhappiness post purchase :)

Clubsnap has a bustling BnS section which you can check out as well for 2nd hand or even new goods. There are people who do MO for new products.

Ryan

I'd recommend John 3:16. Honest and friendly service :)

thank you for the information, look like the price in singapore isnt cheaper...
wonder why? i thought spore is a good place to buy. is the price list up to date?

i'm not a Nikon user so i would not comments on the price,
but fyi, what is posted in Nikon.com.sg is not the updated price (to my understanding)
if you happened to come by SG for business or holidays,
you may drop by a few places for viewing :D
Sim Lim Square, Funan Center and Pennisular Plaza
and being a tourist for you, you maybe have GST-tax exemption
so the price may vary from what you've in Aussie

i'm not a Nikon user so i would not comments on the price,
but fyi, what is posted in Nikon.com.sg is not the updated price (to my understanding)
if you happened to come by SG for business or holidays,
you may drop by a few places for viewing :D
Sim Lim Square, Funan Center and Pennisular Plaza
and being a tourist for you, you maybe have GST-tax exemption
so the price may vary from what you've in Aussie

DO NOT GO TO SIM LIM SQUARE. Go only to the usual recommended shops... John 3:16 in funan, Cathay in Peninsula Plaza, MS Color in Ang mo Kio

DO NOT GO TO SIM LIM SQUARE. Go only to the usual recommended shops... John 3:16 in funan, Cathay in Peninsula Plaza, MS Color in Ang mo Kio

hmmm... Sim Lim Square just in case if he needed some Computer Parts? :bsmilie:
than he no need to run around Singapore just to save the few dollars LOL :bsmilie:
Reputable Stores will be
John 3:16, Cathay Photo, MS Color, TK Photo and Alan Photo...
correct me if i'm wrong

Orient Photo in Sim Lim Square, level 6, not that bad. just don't go to the level 1 and 2 camera shops.

Alan Photo at Sim Lim 1st floor no bad also - the last time I was there..... But being a 'tourist'.... they might try the "tourist price" trick on you.... :(

Agree with the rest.... better go with John 3:16, Cathy Photo or MS color. :sweat:

You will find that Singapore prices are much cheaper than in Australia. I did a check whilst in Sydney last December but find the price too expensive which I decided to get it back in Singapore instead.

Just like any place to purchase items, good to look around. The shops such as John 3:16, Cathy Photo or MS color recommended by the CSers here are the more reputable ones.

OP is selling grey sets:thumbsd:

If I am not wrong, they do sell local set as well? Perhaps must ask in order to avoid miscommunication :)

Anyway, I got all my stuff from there and so far no problem, and yes, its grey. :)

Have a nice day. :thumbsup:

If you are buying these to be used back home in Australia, you may want a set with international warranty - i.e. you can send them to the Australian Service centres. Else make sure you test the equipment and ensure that the shop allows for 1 for 1 exchange within a week or 10 days. Go to those shops mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.