Where to buy or rent power generator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josho

Nov 27, 2004
Jln Teck Whye
pboong.com
Wondering if anyone know where can I get or rent the portable power generator.

Using for shoot to generator power. :)

If it's for flash, maybe you can rent a floor pack instead. Not sure which other rental shops offer it. Gin Studio's promotion is pretty out of date.

Prefer the generator as I can power up more stuff. Im using Elinchrom stuff, but gin studios as i went to site and see, are all mainly broncolor.

Battery generator or fuel generator?

Think I saw some portable generators selling at Carrefour Suntec before.

you need to make sure that the generator can handle the wattage you're throwing it.
Some generators rate themselves at their MAX LOAD which is not so safe to run at consistently, there's one which rates itself 800w but if you read the manual it's more like 650w...just be careful.
If you want to find generators just go to The Green Book and type in Generators.
They're very heavy, just to warn you first.
If you are looking for portable outdoor lights Profoto rents out their packs, alternatively you can contact me as nearly all my lights are outdoor battery packs.

Am looking at fuel and high watt as I got so many to power up.was told by one pal of mine that kelantan lane do sell but sad to say it's brand new.

Think I saw some portable generators selling at Carrefour Suntec before.

Those was during the time Singapore had many blackouts. They cost around 400 - 1k each.

Am looking at fuel and high watt as I got so many to power up.was told by one pal of mine that kelantan lane do sell but sad to say it's brand new.

Just to let you know, fuel generators are not as easy as it first looks to use.

First, you need to ensure safety in handling flammable liquids. Next, you should only use in a big open space as the fumes can kill you - hence you need long extension cords. They are heck of a noisy as well.

Also, these generators are doggone heavy and you better prepare to get one with wheels. Next, you need to think about how you are going to transport it, as a typical generator can't fit in a sedan car.

Finally, you need to ensure the capacity of the generator can work with your lights and not blow them. :)

If you're not looking to buy new because of costs, that suggest you do not use it often. In such a case, I will recommend you go for the Jinbeis rather than this whole generator approach. I had explored that idea 3-4 years ago and abandoned it after learning about the negatives of it.

Vince - I have my Elinchrom lights tho.

Was wondering where can I rent the elinchrom battery pack and maybe 1200w as well since generator might cause a lot of problem to some shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.