Where to buy NEC Monitor

hawkzeng

Nov 8, 2004
Jurong East
Hi Dear All,

Just upgraded my desktop, and thinking to change my LCD monitor as well. Is there anyone can share with my that where can I find retails for NEC monitor? I have checked in Simlim sqaure, but most of shop don't carry the brand.

Thanks a lot!

There is a shop in Funan that carries the NEC panels. However, service is abit lacking when i was shopping there for a monitor few years back. Cant remember the shop name now.

There is a shop in Funan that carries the NEC panels. However, service is abit lacking when i was shopping there for a monitor few years back. Cant remember the shop name now.

Thanks a lot, I will go and have a look. Got reply from the dealer, PA241W costs about S$1699..still so expensive.

Get a dell 2711. it's cheap and very good. All of apple's 27" imacs and displays are using it internally.

Clown said:
Get a dell 2711. it's cheap and very good. All of apple's 27" imacs and displays are using it internally.

Tks a lot, today search whole funan but did not find any shop having nec, but dell 2711 looks quite good, price also friendly, thinking of wait until the IT show in the late of this month to get one.

To TS, if you are looking for high-end monitor for post-production, do consider Eizo.

Can try the monitor below, if your budget is high.
Came with bell & whistle like self hardware calibration (independent of computer) and 16-bit Look-Up Table.
Quality is given, of course price is wonderful as well :bsmilie:

Cathay Photo is the local authorized dealer for Eizo if you are interested

EIZO ColorEdge CG275W LCD Monitor

Last edited:
To TS, if you are looking for high-end monitor for post-production, do consider Eizo.

Can try the monitor below, if your budget is high.
Came with bell & whistle like self hardware calibration (independent of computer) and 16-bit Look-Up Table.
Quality is given, of course price is wonderful as well :bsmilie:

Cathay Photo is the local authorized dealer for Eizo if you are interested

EIZO ColorEdge CG275W LCD Monitor

Thanks, so bad my budget is not enough to get a NEC 27", so Eizo can be just in my dream, lol. NEC sales just replied to me that abround S$900, I can get a PA22"...

I will go for Dell 2711 with a third party calibration software I think, now waiting for the IT show for further discount. :D

Thanks all for your input!

For dell you can talk to the CSO. Sometimes they give discount, plus its free delivery.

27" I believe the lowest I have seen is $719 with the $130 coupon code that pops up occasionally.

hmm in that case, would you guys recommend using a LED TV for a computer monitor?

hmm in that case, would you guys recommend using a LED TV for a computer monitor?

Not for anything more than basic web surfing. LED TVs are low resolution, with TV-friendly color saturation and "large" pixels. I would pick a Dell IPS panel over an LCD TV any day.

I have this but do you all think it's too big? Not sure if it is good for the eyes.

I always use my notebook with my tv. The resolution is so so only. Makes the font very hard to see. Colours may appear super saturated and contrasty. The standard 1920x1080 spread out into the typical 40+ inch tv is really different from the 1920x1080 on a typical 22-23" monitor. The 27" ips has a lot more "real estate" space than most led tv because of the resolution.

I always use my notebook with my tv. The resolution is so so only. Makes the font very hard to see. Colours may appear super saturated and contrasty. The standard 1920x1080 spread out into the typical 40+ inch tv is really different from the 1920x1080 on a typical 22-23" monitor. The 27" ips has a lot more "real estate" space than most led tv because of the resolution.

we need to mass order

From what I understand, the discount for order of 3-5 units is not really that much. Factor in transport then is bo hua liao.