Where to buy NEC Monitor

Dell UltraSharp 27" has wider color gamut, covering 100% AdobeRGB. And supposedly to have better contrast too. Not a bad deal I'd say :)

Not all ips are equal. IIRC, it is 6bit e-ips, which is inferior to the 27" dell. The similar product from dell is 2312hm, around $260 with coupon code. ips236v is around $300, sama sama, but nicer frame.

Is a step up for the budget consumer and better than TN panels :) You are right.

LG is the major supplier of IPS panels. I would think their price should be competitive to the brands using their panels.

Any value for money ones to recommend?

I think one biggest reason to get a NEC is the built-in LUT which is great for calibration instead of using the one on your graphics card.

In the beginning, I planned to get NEC MODEL: P241W-BK-SV, it includes LCD with NEC's calibration kits. But so bad it is not available for Singapore. You can only get LCD here, and need to purchase the calibration kits from UK. the price provided by Singapore dealer is also much over my budget.

My final decision is to get:

DELL 2711 + i1Display 2 calibration kits

Not very expensive but fulfill my basic needs. Waiting for DELL discount for 2711 now, :D

My final decision is to get:

DELL 2711 + i1Display 2 calibration kits

Good that you arrived at a decision. Why not buy colormunki to calibrate both your screen and printer. WYSIWYP. I always regretted not getting that.

Good that you arrived at a decision. Why not buy colormunki to calibrate both your screen and printer. WYSIWYP. I always regretted not getting that.

Just check the price is USD 449 in Amazon, no fund for that one, :(. Anyway, I don't have a printer at home, just need a monitor to study digital image control first. Tks for advice, :D

I am thinking of getting this Dell UltraSharp

24 INCH will do for me. Any place to get better than this online price and with 3 Year warranty like this site as well ?