Where to buy Nacho Sauce?

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vince123123

Anyone knows where I can buy Nacho Sauce? I'm looking for the type which they serve with the Nachos Combo at Golden Village Cinemas, those liquidy types.

Any clue?

make your own. it's not that difficult.

warm up a little milk in a pot till just simmering. do not let it boil or u'll scald the milk and get a burnt taste.

get a small block of cheddar cheese or monterey jack, grate it. if it's too troublesome, get grated cheddar. ratio should be between 1 part milk to 1 part cheese or to 1 part milk to 2 parts cheese. depends on how you like the consistency; personal preferences.

stir gently with a wooden spoon, do not beat hard. let it melt into the milk. watch the heat and do not let it boil otherwise the cheese will spilt and the whey will seperate from the curd.

once it's melted together, season to taste.

cool and store in an air-tight container in the fridge. watch out for moisture or u'll get mold and fungus growing on top.

to use; heat in microwave till it becomes soft and "flowy" in consistency.

You need Cheez-Whiz! I think you can find 'em at Liberty supermarket. I think I got mine from NTUC Woodlands (or was it Cold Storage?)

I love that stuff. :thumbsup:

lol i read the title and i laughed.:bsmilie:

Hmm Cheez Whiz....I have been looking at most supermarkets I go to and have yet to find any nacho sauce though. Is this Cheez Whiz in the cheese section (the cold sectioN) or in the sauces section (e.g. chilli, mustard etc).

synapseman said:
You need Cheez-Whiz! I think you can find 'em at Liberty supermarket. I think I got mine from NTUC Woodlands (or was it Cold Storage?)

I love that stuff. :thumbsup:

Thanks bowwow for the tip.

The Market Place is a supermarket in Raffles City? You recall which section the sauce was in?

bowwow said:
just saw some ready-made nacho sauce at The Market Place at Raffles City.

no prob but sorry... can't really remember which shelf it was at but remember it as being close to eye level.

there are 2 brands available. one is plain but the other looks a little more fancy.

yes, it's the supermarket at the basement of raffles city.

personally, i prefer melting a mix of shredded cheddar, aged cheddar and monteray jack cheese slowly over plain corn tortilla under a salamander or in an oven. top this with jalepenos, sliced black olives, shredded lettuce, guacamole, sour cream and pico de gallo.

...bliss...

bowwow said:
no prob but sorry... can't really remember which shelf it was at but remember it as being close to eye level.

there are 2 brands available. one is plain but the other looks a little more fancy.

yes, it's the supermarket at the basement of raffles city.

personally, i prefer melting a mix of shredded cheddar, aged cheddar and monteray jack cheese slowly over plain corn tortilla under a salamander or in an oven. top this with jalepenos, sliced black olives, shredded lettuce, guacamole, sour cream and pico de gallo.

...bliss...

"jalepenos, ... guacamole, ... pico de gallo"???:dunno: What is all that? Some of the ingredients I have never heard of, must be pro.

My suggestion would be Velvita Cheese, microwave it and bing-bang-zoom, you have your nacho sauce. If you wanna get creative and have the time you could try bowwow's recipes.

hondasleeper said:
"jalepenos, ... guacamole, ... pico de gallo"???:dunno: What is all that? Some of the ingredients I have never heard of, must be pro.

My suggestion would be Velvita Cheese, microwave it and bing-bang-zoom, you have your nacho sauce. If you wanna get creative and have the time you could try bowwow's recipes.

:think: ......:nono: ......

I saw one at Cold Storage at Takashimaya. Think its about $6-9. cant remember...

Alternatively see if you can find salsa sauce.....these are readily available in bottle at major stores like Marketplace, cold storage and even NTUC :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.