Where to buy mini tripod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sausage

Feb 1, 2002
At home
www.singaporeanimenews.net
I'm looking for those small tripods that are around palm size. Does anyone know where to find them and how much they cost?

I heard carrefour has selling for $9.90
I also saw quiet alot of small size tripod in Lucky Plaza and Peninsular. Actaully I also want to buy one before my HK tour next month but still cannot find time to go and look around.

Originally posted by Sausage
I'm looking for those small tripods that are around palm size. Does anyone know where to find them and how much they cost?
Try checking the major camera shops (CP, AP, etc) to see if they have the Ultrapod or Ultrapod II (roughly S$25 or so) in stock. I know CP had them as of a few months ago.

My friend got one from CP at $8. maybe you can go down to CP to take a look

Originally posted by sneezybum
My friend got one from CP at $8. maybe you can go down to CP to take a look
Do note, though, that the really cheap mini-tripods tend to be extremely unsteady. If you're intending to use these tripods for macro photography or other precise work, it's better to pay a little more for steadier models like the Ultrapod II I suggested above.

Originally posted by Midnight
Do note, though, that the really cheap mini-tripods tend to be extremely unsteady.

What Midnight say is pretty true. If u r using a prosumer sized digicam or an DSLR, those $8 tripod definitely not for you. I used my friend's mini tripod with my UZI and it was definitely not very steady

hi Midnite

Is the ultrapod steady enuff for SLR like EOS 30 plus lens like 28-135 IS ?

The Ultrapod II is designed to handle a load of about 4 pounds (~1.8kg). I think the EOS 30 + 28-135 IS will weigh slightly over 1 kg, right? So it sounds like it should be fine, at least as far as the manufacturer's operating specifications are concerned. You should definitely try it out first, though, because there are other factors to consider in addition to weight, such as whether the whole setup can balance properly.

hi Midnite

Thx for your reply. wondering how high is the ultrapod when fully extended and unextended ?

Originally posted by Midnight
Try checking the major camera shops (CP, AP, etc) to see if they have the Ultrapod or Ultrapod II (roughly S$25 or so) in stock. I know CP had them as of a few months ago.

this one is good....really light, compact and stable...but quite expensive...

i beleive it should be $35, i manage to bargain until $30 but never buy =p

the price tag was $66 (usually they mark up by 100%)

Went to carrefour but they had no more $9.90 tripods, only the $17.90 giotto mini tripod. Where else can I find small tripods?

Originally posted by Sausage
Went to carrefour but they had no more $9.90 tripods, only the $17.90 giotto mini tripod. Where else can I find small tripods?
how does this giotto tripod looks like? with a ball head? legs can extend? close how long?

thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.